Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we in Monday's draw?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Apologies if covered elsewhere, but three times after the match on TNT last night they mentioned us being in the draw on Monday (including in interviews with RDZ and JP - 'who are you looking forward to getting?'). Surely the draw is just for the play-off round? Or are the teams who finished top also drawn against 'either/or' teams?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The general consensus on NSC is that they're wrong (TNT) and we'll be in the draw in February.
That's how I understand it too.

UNLESS they do the draw for the last 16 at the same time - which would be great as it allows several months to plan the away trip, rather a couple of weeks.... Don't think this happens though.

WestYorkshireSeagull

Dec 28, 2021
1702643672626.png

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nope, draw is on 23rd February
It's incredible TNT didn't realise this. They actually asked Pedro 'are you looking forward to Monday's draw?' and De Zerbi 'who do you want to get in the draw on Monday?'. Also mentioned it in the studio!

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
It's incredible TNT didn't realise this. They actually asked Pedro 'are you looking forward to Monday's draw?' and De Zerbi 'who do you want to get in the draw on Monday?'. Also mentioned it in the studio!
I've been catching up with some clips this morning and it seems that the Pedro on-pitch interview and the one with RDZ was done by the same numpty. Never seen him before but he's not very good. Like you said, kept asking about Monday's draw, which we're not in, and imagine asking an Italian with a basic grasp of English "to quantify" how he's feeling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is possible that Wikipedia is wrong and TNT are right though, or is it confirmed elsewhere?
They can't do the 2 draws together as there will still be association blocks for the last 16.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That's how I understand it too.

UNLESS they do the draw for the last 16 at the same time - which would be great as it allows several months to plan the away trip, rather a couple of weeks.... Don't think this happens though.

...except we wouldn't know who we were playing until after the second leg of the previous game on February 21.

WestYorkshireSeagull

Dec 28, 2021
I've been catching up with some clips this morning and it seems that the Pedro on-pitch interview and the one with RDZ was done by the same numpty. Never seen him before but he's not very good. Like you said, kept asking about Monday's draw, which we're not in, and imagine asking an Italian with a basic grasp of English "to quantify" how he's feeling.
He did have a bit of the "crawly bum-lick" about him, but all the best to him in his graduate job

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wouldn’t trust TNT. On the highlight show Hargreaves said it was our first time back in Europe for 20 years…
Yes - I heard that too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here