Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

are we having our 'blip'?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I don't think 91 will be enough. 93/94 I reckon.
Really?? Last year was the fist time ever that 89 was not enough.
Everyone else is well under the 2 point average meaning they will have to be well over that in the second half of the season.
If reading were to finish on 93/94 they would have to get over 50 points in the second half of the season. The likes of Derby/Leeds would have to achieve well over 50 eclipsing what both us and Newcastle have done in the first half! Do you really see that happening?
89 points should be enough but our target should be to maintain the magical 2 point average

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Really?? Last year was the fist time ever that 89 was not enough.
Everyone else is well under the 2 point average meaning they will have to be well over that in the second half of the season.
If reading were to finish on 93/94 they would have to get over 50 points in the second half of the season. The likes of Derby/Leeds would have to achieve well over 50 eclipsing what both us and Newcastle have done in the first half! Do you really see that happening?
89 points should be enough but our target should be to maintain the magical 2 point average

Just being conservative as a team in second finished on 93 once. Doesn't matter anyway as we will win the league

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I'd be happy to finish second on 93. If that happens 3rd will prob be sub 86 as top 2 will have taken so many points.
No chance of 3 teams finishing over 90 points imho

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
hadn't really thought of it as much the way Easy10 has. Although very valid points. Even commentators when we are on tv are saying we are finding a way to win without playing so great. And our tough defence is reason for this. Plus a bit of creativity and pace going forward.
Also I tip in 2 groups. Goats football tips on Facebook which has been going 3 years as of Jan 1st. Goats is more for fun than professional. Although we do ask for donations from guys that don't tip or give info in our members page.
I also tip on SportsSuperior on Twitter and webpage this is a project that maybe will go pro.

Good luck with it all. Way beyond my mathematical intellect to get involved sensibly in football betting.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Sunderland got 90 points in 1997/98 and finished third (and failed to go up through the play-offs)
Oh? Didn't realise that!
I thought everyone said last year that we were the first team not to go up on 89? My mistake then.
Still, my point that the others will need 50+ points in the second half of the season to get over 90 stands and saying we need 93/94 points seems
crazy!
Hopefully it's all irrelevant and we'll get there

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
13 points out of 15 is a serious 'blip'.

I hope we are over it now and get 15 points from the next 15.

:albion2:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh? Didn't realise that!
I thought everyone said last year that we were the first team not to go up on 89? My mistake then.
Still, my point that the others will need 50+ points in the second half of the season to get over 90 stands and saying we need 93/94 points seems
crazy!
Hopefully it's all irrelevant and we'll get there

PS: The top 2 teams that went up that year had fewer points than the Albion at Xmas . Boro (45), Forest (42).

Perhaps people meant the Championship which started in 2004/5.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
If this is a blip then I am happy to have one like this every season. The old days of the Christmas Collapse are hopefully long gone with CH at the helm.
Keep the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here