Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to sign a player before the window shuts?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
You mentioned Llarnell Cole on another thread didn't you? As play left wing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larnell_Cole

Based on anything solid?

2 out i would say KLL an Barnes

Money spent on a 1 striker. Player i think will come is not obvious.

3 loans in. Llarnell Cole was mentioned to me as someone we would like in. Whether he would come here or not no idea as he is base in Manchester and i believe clubs closer to home as well as their feeder club in Holland are interested or are possabilities. Seems though United would like him to get experience at Championship level at the very least. He is a decent left winger and has filled in at left back before. Couple of first team outings and one they have high hopes for.
I don t think its been mentioned anywhere else before but i could be wrong.
I generally don t post rumours at the risk if looking like a right tit but what i have been told in the past has a decent percentage of being right.

As for 2 others i think we will take another striker forward player on loan to compensate the loss KLL an Barbes if they are gone. 2 out 3 in the forward areas.

I also think we will look for a CB which will prob mean LD also out on loan for a season possibly along the coast.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
2 out i would say KLL an Barnes

Money spent on a 1 striker. Player i think will come is not obvious.

3 loans in. Llarnell Cole was mentioned to me as someone we would like in. Whether he would come here or not no idea as he is base in Manchester and i believe clubs closer to home as well as their feeder club in Holland are interested or are possabilities. Seems though United would like him to get experience at Championship level at the very least. He is a decent left winger and has filled in at left back before. Couple of first team outings and one they have high hopes for.
I don t think its been mentioned anywhere else before but i could be wrong.
I generally don t post rumours at the risk if looking like a right tit but what i have been told in the past has a decent percentage of being right.

As for 2 others i think we will take another striker forward player on loan to compensate the loss KLL an Barbes if they are gone. 2 out 3 in the forward areas.

I also think we will look for a CB which will prob mean LD also out on loan for a season possibly along the coast.

Kaz has said he's staying on Twitter.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I can see 2 in ( winger & striker ) and possibly 4 out, Barnes sold, Dunk and Barker loans and possibly KLL if we do sign another winger.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
How have we been short for 6 months? In January we signed Ulloa and before that we had CMS, Barnes and Hoskins. We're surely in a better position now than last September...if anything we've been short for 2 years

Because since CMS got injured, we've only had one or two fit and available strikers.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Because since CMS got injured, we've only had one or two fit and available strikers.

We didn't get anyone in after his injury and he will be back relatively shortly so I don't know why we would need another now anymore than we did last August.

I could imagine a premiership side loaning a youngster on a two month loan to see us through until CMS is back and then if he's any good staying on for the remainder of the season, ala Chris Wood. But I'd be very surprised if we signed another striker permanently unless we get a very good offer for Barnes

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We didn't get anyone in after his injury and he will be back relatively shortly so I don't know why we would need another now anymore than we did last August.

I could imagine a premiership side loaning a youngster on a two month loan to see us through until CMS is back and then if he's any good staying on for the remainder of the season, ala Chris Wood. But I'd be very surprised if we signed another striker permanently unless we get a very good offer for Barnes

I'd say a 93 day loan of a striker is a good option until CMS gets up to speed.

If we sell Barnes, I hope we get a permanent signing in as well and not a season loan.

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd say a 93 day loan of a striker is a good option until CMS gets up to speed.

If we sell Barnes, I hope we get a permanent signing in as well and not a season loan.

Yeah agreed, I just think the way we line up having 4 strikers is an overkill. However often Ashley Barnes plays wider on the left instead of as a striker so maybe a wide man is more of a requirement considering our set up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes, Bridcutt and Lua Lua out nobody in :wink:

PANIC

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I re ask the same question but has anyone's opinion now changed?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
How have we been short for 6 months? In January we signed Ulloa and before that we had CMS, Barnes and Hoskins. We're surely in a better position now than last September...if anything we've been short for 2 years

at most, 2 of those 4 have been fit, and for long spells it has been only 1

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't see us signing anyone but I guess we should be grateful if nobody leaves. I've got used to dining on scraps from the table when it comes to signings - rarely do we have anything to feast on when it comes to new players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here