Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

are we going to push for promotion ?

Northstandboy

Oct 19, 2013
We are in a good place for what players we have out... Lets get a few more good players fit and then we can start to push...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What does push for promotion mean?

We play each game and win as many of them as possible - maybe we will get promoted, maybe we won't.

If we are not pushing for promotion, if we get close to promotion, does that mean we lose games on purpose?

As a football fan we know what it means. No need to be a geek

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I agree with KZNSeagull. What the **** does push for promotion mean? Is there some kind of button you press and then the manager decides to stop losing on purpose all the time and start winning some games? If the question is CAN we get promotion then the answer this season, just like last season is absolutely but it will again require luck in the playoffs. But we knew that already so I'm puzzled as to why it's only being asked now?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I agree with KZNSeagull. What the **** does push for promotion mean? Is there some kind of button you press and then the manager decides to stop losing on purpose all the time and start winning some games? If the question is CAN we get promotion then the answer this season, just like last season is absolutely but it will again require luck in the playoffs. But we knew that already so I'm puzzled as to why it's only being asked now?

Geek alert

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will someone think of those that got on the League One bus after the first three games of the season please.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
When he was appointed, I felt that OG would achieve more than his predecessor. I trusted his pedigree and I trusted TB's judgement. I expected us to be in contention this season. It wasn't rocket science to expect us to start slowly, whilst we got up to speed with the new manager's system.
What I didn't legislate for was an awful run of injuries, especially to key players. Has OG bemoaned his lot? No. He's just gone quietly about his job, organising and instilling belief into the available players. Almost ahead of schedule we are putting a run together and now beating decent teams like Wigan. Even when we were struggling, we went to QPR ( still the only team to take anything from Loftus Road ) and Reading and got draws. We are the only team to beat Burnley this season.
We have a host of decent players to come back ( at least four in attacking positions ) What is there not to be optimistic about? There may be too much ground to make up on the top three, who seem to be very consistent. They are already 7 points clear of 4th but never say never.
Its not difficult to think we are going to have a better 2nd half of the season than first and to me, that says play-offs at worst. I am oozing with optimism.

there speaks a fan :lolol:

I love optimism and there is a great deal to be optimistic about. Thoroughly enjoying it right now and if the gap to the top two is pretty wide I am pretty positive about challenging for the play-off lottery again :thumbsup:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

The only understanding I have of "pushing for promotion" is when a manager uses this phrase to justify spending lots more money in their attempt to get promoted. If that is what the op means, then the answer is no, I very much doubt that we will spend lots more money in an attempt to get promoted.
If the question is "are we trying to get promoted" then the answer is obviously yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here