Are we going to make a loan signing?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Maybe but I would take him without doubt to sit in front of the back four and release Kayal and Stephens forward. The Sky one was just amusing but again who knows stranger things have happened to put bums on seats.

At whose dispense?
Surely you wouldn't take one of our front two off?

Our current defense is superb, I don't think there's any need for reinforcements. Plus, we have Ince who can fill that role should we need a CDM.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At whose dispense?
Surely you wouldn't take one of our front two off?

Our current defense is superb, I don't think there's any need for reinforcements. Plus, we have Ince who can fill that role should we need a CDM.

Baldock is out injured so take him and then push Stephens further forward more attacking than he is at the moment for 1 month or until Baldock is back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hughton gets told he has to have players to put "bums on seats". Blimey.

I am not saying that what I am saying is that like Vicente he could offer something for a period in most games and the extra bums on seats would pobably pay for him as I am sure PB would wish. I dont think it will happen but an interesting possible scnario.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Baldock is out injured so take him and then push Stephens further forward more attacking than he is at the moment for 1 month or until Baldock is back.

Fair enough.
I thought Hemed and Zamora looked great up front together first half yesterday.

I personally prefer this current, more attacking formation than what we saw with Poyet and Garcia.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I am not saying that what I am saying is that like Vicente he could offer something for a period in most games and the extra bums on seats would pobably pay for him as I am sure PB would wish. I dont think it will happen but an interesting possible scnario.

Well the idea is a bit left field to say the least. Liam is well loved here but wily old Barber and i'm sure most on here would conclude he's hardly box office even considering his "strange" last few months at the club. Doubt he'd shift any match day tickets.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well the idea is a bit left field to say the least. Liam is well loved here but wily old Barber and i'm sure most on here would conclude he's hardly box office even considering his "strange" last few months at the club. Doubt he'd shift any match day tickets.

Not Bridcutt he would be a tactical signing I was talking of the Sky Transfer Rumours of Ronaldhinio to put bums on seats as Vicente did.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think it should be B Z or Hemed not together as it doeesnt seem to work either yesterday or when BZ has come on as a sub they are too similar in their play.

Agree with that. Lots of effort but neither possesses pace. If we don't bring in any hired help, and especially if Kaz is back, I would be tempted to play Murphy alongside either Hemed or Zamora to give defences something different to think about

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
You can see why Charlie Austin loved playing upfront with Bobby las season, some of his hold up play was outstanding yesterday , just need that player with pace to play off him !

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
In has to be a small, quick and mobile frontman.

I was surprised that we hadn't brought James Wilson in until I heard on radio yesterday morning that United had next to no strikers left and was likely to play for them, possibly even starting, against Watford yesterday. I've just checked their line-up though and he didn't even make the bench through injury.

Did he miss the England U21 game at the AMEX through injury?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Deep ineffective crosses

Fair enough.
I thought Hemed and Zamora looked great up front together first half yesterday.

I personally prefer this current, more attacking formation than what we saw with Poyet and Garcia.

First time we tried it. It encouraged deep ineffective crosses so it was not a fair test. The only time we got around their full backs on the outside was in the first minute. It is not how I envisaged we would play these two together. I think we could play Hemed, Zamora, Luaulua and Baldock (Rosneoir may better than Baldock if Bong returns) all together for home games. I did not think playing Murphy and March together was a success. They are not good enough to justify being out of play when the ball is on the opposite wing. Afterall we can only play on one wing at a time. Overlapping full back can suffice if we want to switch the play suddenly (but Bong was missing against Burnley).

I see a temporary left back as being the most urgent in view of the more difficult away fixtures coming up. Striker can wait until January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports