Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are we going down?

Are we gong down?

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Warnock's team talk: "Let's win ugly, run the clock down and send these bent f*ckers down. Do it for our very close friend Emiliano. Now go out there and set about those c*nts".

Motivated.
Yep they will be pure evil when they come to us.

We need to be warriors in that game. I would go quite defensive and let them come at us. If we defend like we do against the big boys they wont even be able to muster a shot.

Gonna be a fascinating one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Let me ask a different question..Would you REALLY be happy if we ended up scraping by in 17th place after a promising 1st half of the season? Like a few others have said if all we can expect over the next x number of seasons is the same, from the same management team, I'd rather we went down.

I'd much rather the antics of teetering with promotion via the playoffs / fighting for a top 2 spot, watching team playing great football in 4-4-2 formation than continue with this dire standard we seem to have reached. Relegation would probably do us some good. Of course if we can get back to the standard shown earlier, aim to stabilise at around mid-table by 2021-22 season, then we can look at the next evolution.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fence

But if we lost any two of Dunk / Duffy / March / Murray for a few games through injury or suspension then I'd be erring towards the trapdoor

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Last week [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] called me an idiot when I suggested it was time to panic. I was informed the pragmatic and realistic did not feel the same. So how are those complacent fans feeling now?

Although I'm at full-on panic stations, I'm still fence.

The same as I did last week. Concerned, but not panicking.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
No but not having a striker on the bench is criminal for a premier league team and we should learn from that and act accordingly in the summer, let’s be honest here and if not for two superb goalkeeping performances we would be 5 points better off now , yes we’re not but I think we have enough quality throughout the team to amass another 12 points to add to our tally , if we lose against Huddersfield then I have the right to change my mind without affecting my consumer rights or credit score .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Warnock's team talk: "Let's win ugly, run the clock down and send these bent f*ckers down. Do it for our very close friend Emiliano. Now go out there and set about those c*nts".

Motivated.

You've absolutely NAILED that, word for word.

:bowdown:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Let me ask a different question..Would you REALLY be happy if we ended up scraping by in 17th place after a promising 1st half of the season? Like a few others have said if all we can expect over the next x number of seasons is the same, from the same management team, I'd rather we went down.

I'd much rather the antics of teetering with promotion via the playoffs / fighting for a top 2 spot, watching team playing great football in 4-4-2 formation than continue with this dire standard we seem to have reached. Relegation would probably do us some good. Of course if we can get back to the standard shown earlier, aim to stabilise at around mid-table by 2021-22 season, then we can look at the next evolution.

I don't want us to go back to the Championship. Relegation would be a major set-back and the team would break up.
Rome wasn't built in a day. The big advantage of being safe with plenty of games to go is that the board can plan ahead, and try and bring in better players. If we do that, that will help the Albion along the way to becoming an established PL club which is the aim of Bloom and Barber. That's the position we should (almost) be in now and why many are hugely frustrated (no doubt the club is) at the very poor form of the team. Personally, after all the years of hurt when we weren't very good or even had anywhere decent to play, I absolutely love seeing us play in the Premier League. I really want us to stay there, getting better players, playing better football and evolving into a club which can be called an established top flight team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Wow, 'give-us-falmer-please', and you're happy for the person who paid for it to fork out even more because you fancy a relegation might do us some good. Blimey, your memory must be razor sharp to reflect on Albion seasons past rate more highly than a season and a half in the top flight.

Just remind me how many years in our history we were teetering with promotion from the 2nd division? And you can't stomach 64 premier league matches that have delivered some fantastic highs as well as a fair share of lows. :shrug:

I really hope our players have a bit more courage and backbone than a lot of our fans on here...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last week [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] called me an idiot when I suggested it was time to panic. I was informed the pragmatic and realistic did not feel the same. So how are those complacent fans feeling now?

Although I'm at full-on panic stations, I'm still fence.

This might cheer you up.

This point last season. It's almost identical - position, points, and gap between us and the bottom three.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premi...ttbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2017&spieltag=26

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He'd happily end the season for someone like Muzza, with a coward's challenge.

Coward is exactly right. He would do it, too - and Warnock is cynical enough to ask him to do so, if he felt on balance, that a three match ban for Arter against a rival losing their main striker for the season, improved their chances.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Coward is exactly right. He would do it, too - and Warnock is cynical enough to ask him to do so, if he felt on balance, that a three match ban for Arter against a rival losing their main striker for the season, improved their chances.

Sadly I watch quite a lot of PL football, and I remember Arter carrying out a couple of shocking challenges (non Albion games) in his final 18 months at Bmuff. Until then he'd been a tidy, creative CM ball player, but perhaps due to a loss of all pace, he became a snide wnkr.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Audible grumbling from the crowd instead of singing are going to make the prospect much more likely...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think the performance v Huddersfield at the Amex might provide a good indicator of whether we have any kind of prospect of playing in the PL next season. No pressure then...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No but not having a striker on the bench is criminal for a premier league team and we should learn from that and act accordingly in the summer, let’s be honest here and if not for two superb goalkeeping performances we would be 5 points better off now , yes we’re not but I think we have enough quality throughout the team to amass another 12 points to add to our tally , if we lose against Huddersfield then I have the right to change my mind without affecting my consumer rights or credit score .

striker situation is crap.

We've been like this for years just about getting away with it. Amount of times we've had 1 striker fit and been on that tightrope is mnd boggling.

Should of signed a couple of strikers in the summer and certainly another in January.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I don't want us to go back to the Championship. Relegation would be a major set-back and the team would break up.
Rome wasn't built in a day. The big advantage of being safe with plenty of games to go is that the board can plan ahead, and try and bring in better players. If we do that, that will help the Albion along the way to becoming an established PL club which is the aim of Bloom and Barber. That's the position we should (almost) be in now and why many are hugely frustrated (no doubt the club is) at the very poor form of the team. Personally, after all the years of hurt when we weren't very good or even had anywhere decent to play, I absolutely love seeing us play in the Premier League. I really want us to stay there, getting better players, playing better football and evolving into a club which can be called an established top flight team.

For the umpteenth time.....only 6 ( arguably plus Everton ) clubs are ever ' established ' in the PL. We are in a 13 team sub-divison. Three of those teams go down. Of the remaining ten, six or seven will spend the season fighting to stay above the safety line. Football history dictates that none of those current 13 teams will become established in the PL. They might find a way to stay 5-8 years but inevitably their time will come, as it did for Charlton, Blackburn, Wimbledon, Bolton and Wigan, to name but a few, who got a foothold before sinking back.
The longer you manage to hang on in there, the more buying power you will get. The only trouble is the Elite's ability to spend goes up as well ( and usually by more ) So that gap will never be bridged. Study PL history and see how many clubs have appeared in it. Next season, clubs like Leeds, Norwich and Sheff Utd could all come up with lofty ambitions but they will quickly sink into the lower reaches of the sub-division unless they can throw potloads of money at it like Wolves. New kids will emerge on the block with big money to spend and the order below the elite will change.
If we last 5 seasons that would be a major achievement. Realistically, 3-4 looks on the cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here