Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we contenders now?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd go along with that. We really could use a draw or even Boro win.
We really really want it to be a draw.

Hull haven't won in 4, it would be nice to make that 5, and we don't want 'boro to get a win against their main rival for promotion (even I can't see Brighton) which would help them put their manager problem behind them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm sorry, I don't understand this.

One week we're complaining because we're having our match days and kick-off times changed for Sky (which sort of suggests they see us as contenders). But now the media are apparently ignoring us.

Which is it?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Burnley look out of reach now, unless they have a spectacular meltdown

If we get them the same result as Burnley on Saturday and then beat them at home, we'll only be three points behind them.

Or, to put it another way, if they lose to Wolves and we beat MK Dons, and we then beat them at the Amex we'll be level on points.

Not an impossible scenario.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair on him he did say that he meant punching above our weight because we haven't spent anywhere near as much money as the others. Which is true.

We've spent £10M or so more than our income for several years. That seems like a pretty large spend to me!

....and yes, we are contenders.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
We are and i qoute (ish) Tony Gayle "of all the teams up there Brighton are punching far above their weight and if Chris manages to get Brighton up he will or should be manager of the season " , i think its slowly dawning on people that we are indeed contenders , even by some Brighton supporters :eek:

He is right about one thing there... Whatever happens, Chris Hughton should be manager of the season in the Championship.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We've spent £10M or so more than our income for several years. That seems like a pretty large spend to me!

....and yes, we are contenders.

Peanuts in comparison to Derby and Boro and those with Prem cash (Hull, Burnley). And don't forget that that the £10m "loss" is an accounting loss which includes depreciation of assets etc. Not the same as the amount spent on transfer fees & players wages.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
OK. Game on when we play Burnley. Win that and we could be on for #1 finish.
We still won't get mentioned when the media talk about the 3 teams fighting for automatic promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here