[Albion] Are we as good as I think we are?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
They haven’t spent mega-bucks though have they.

They’ve not done what both Manc clubs have done and, from what they’d said, they don’t intend to. Now that may change, but IMO a lot of the improvements is from Howe and sensible recruitment.

£150m since Howe took over ,no not much:shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They haven’t spent mega-bucks though have they.

They’ve not done what both Manc clubs have done and, from what they’d said, they don’t intend to. Now that may change, but IMO a lot of the improvements is from Howe and sensible recruitment.

Nonsense.

Trippier will be on mega money, they overpaid for Burn, signed Chris Wood solely so Burnley went down instead of them and you have no idea what wages the likes of St Maximan and Pope are on.

Furthermore, this is a consolidation season. Wait till they start really splashing the cash and bin off their current lot.

Last edited:

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Best team football I've seen us play in my 59 years watching.
Even misery guts Moyes admitted we were the better side today.

The longest odds you can get for a top 6 finish is 6/1 !!
I think a small wager is called for.

I know it was only league 1 but the we`re f****ng brilliant performance at Peterborough under Poyet still tops it for me, then comes last seasons performance at Wolves, and then the various stunning displays in 76/77 under Mullery such as the 7 goal second half against Walsall.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We are very, very good.

I go into every single game these days thinking we’ve got a good chance of winning. Our budget and the budget of other teams in the league means we won’t win every game. But the fact that I’m confident we could going into each game is pretty awesome.

And we play some wonderful football at the same time.

I genuinely think after Klopp and Guardiola, we’ve got the next best manager around. What he’s done and doing with us bearing in mind available resources is amazing.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Just been looking at the league table and noticed we have conceded the least goals in the division.

I know it’s only 3 games, but a promising start. Don’t concede, you don’t lose. *

* guarantees we let in 3 against Leeds!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Coincides with welbeck taking maupays spot. Need to sign a striker with height as back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the thing. As Potter has said we’ll need a back up similar player to Welbeck, we have no one else who can do what he can do. Could argue the same about Caicedo, we have other good CMs but no one else with his athleticism

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Just been looking at the league table and noticed we have conceded the least goals in the division.

I know it’s only 3 games, but a promising start. Don’t concede, you don’t lose. *

* guarantees we let in 3 against Leeds!

i think this is the real genius of Potter 2.0. We've let in one all season and that was a scruffy own goal that VAR could easily have ruled out. We had so many games in lockdown / BCD where we looked like we'd score, never did and eventually conceded. We've found a way since the fans have been back to concede very few goals without parking the bus a la CH. We're very, very good at adapting shape in transition and during games.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Seems a long time ago since watching the likes of Munday, Minton and FDM.

Yet I sit here after watching the tail-end of last season a decent pre-season and our first few games thinking (perhaps optimistically and naively) that I havent seen many better coached sides than us.

I'm struggling to think of many squads who adapt tactically so effortlessly and optimally; and I mean, ever.

I've been one of those who pointed to the quality of coaching even when going on those long winless streaks but it seems as a squad the capability to execute has improved.

I'm really not one to get carried away usually but this team and these performances are pushing me to the uncomfortable position of considering European football next season.

European football. For a team like us.

So, is this just hyperbole? Or is anyone else sensing something special about to happen?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks for starting the thread.
But no, you're wrong, we're better than that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've certainly come on from even the last couple of super-duper fans giving up on GPott's time with us, in the build up to Arsenal away.

larus

Nonsense.

Trippier will be on mega money, they overpaid for Burn, signed Chris Wood solely so Burnley went down instead of them and you have no idea what wages the likes of St Maximan and Pope are on.

Furthermore, this is a consolidation season. Wait till they start really splashing the cash and bin off their current lot.

Your usual garbage.
Newcastle fans think £13m Burn was a good buy - so it’s subjective.
£25m for a proven PL striker is nothing - so the fee for Wood is not extortionate. Strikers cost more.
Trippier - £12m - wow. How do you know what his wages are? Guesswork and probably wrong.
Pope - £10m

So, £63m. Less than 1 Cucu. Yep, they’re really splashed the cash.

As for what they do in the future - that’s frigging irrelevant to what Howe has done with a lot of the same players which is what I stated. You really should think before posting.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nonsense.

Every billionaire owner comes in with plans to do it “the right way”. When they’re two season in and still scrabbling about in mid-table they get bored and buy Ronaldo instead.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Yes we are very good and can improve. I am sure the players and Potter know how good they are and don't go into each game thinking they will take a draw, like a number of posters on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Your usual garbage.
£25m for a proven PL striker is nothing - so the fee for Wood is not extortionate. Strikers cost more.
Trippier - £12m - wow. How do you know what his wages are? Guesswork and probably wrong.
Pope - £10m

As for what they do in the future - that’s frigging irrelevant to what Howe has done with a lot of the same players which is what I stated. You really should think before posting.

They've signed a few more than that. Most notably Guimaraes for £38 million, Willock £26 million, Botman £33 million, Targett £16 million.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Your usual garbage.
Pope - £10m

OK then Mister "it wasn't on the BBC but I don't know because I don't read the BBC" :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Meh, Potter out!!

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure if it's been posted anywhere else but is this the very first season when our first 4 league fixtures are all against uniteds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports