Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we allowed to rest large portions of the squad

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yeah, if I'm honest I'm torn between a weakened side or focusing on momentum and I genuinely don't know which on ewill have the biggest impact.

The question I always had, if who decides what a "regular" is? What if, say Bridge, Bruno, Ulloa, Greer, Kuszczak, Vicenta and Ulloa are all injured for the first 6 games of the season and all then come in? Theoretically, we would be dropping the regulars based on appearances and replacing them with fringe players. The League can't make a judgement on who is deemed a regular accurately can they?

The Prem ruling (I think) is anyone in the 25 man 1st team squad, changed after the Wolves debacle a couple of years ago. Hopefully the FL is equally pragmatic

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We have four very key outfield players (ie the back up options significantly weaken our side) in Bridge, Bridcutt, Upson and Ulloa. Are those who think we should risk these players, forgetting THIS man?;

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 39

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It baffles me that a lot of posters on here seem to be quite happy for us to lose tomorrow as long as certain key players are rested. Winning is a habit, which, thankfully, we are now in. The players have worked their socks off to reach 4th on the back of an unbeaten 8 game run.
We need to make as few changes as possible and beat Wolves soundly. No better message will be sent to our rivals. Our regulars need to keep playing, in the groove.
If we field a much changed side and lose and Bolton win 4-0 and leapfrog Palace, who will have the momentum then?

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
It baffles me that a lot of posters on here seem to be quite happy for us to lose tomorrow as long as certain key players are rested. Winning is a habit, which, thankfully, we are now in. The players have worked their socks off to reach 4th on the back of an unbeaten 8 game run.
We need to make as few changes as possible and beat Wolves soundly. No better message will be sent to our rivals. Our regulars need to keep playing, in the groove.
If we field a much changed side and lose and Bolton win 4-0 and leapfrog Palace, who will have the momentum then?

Totally agree. All about confidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here