Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we a small club?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
DOES IT MATTER ?

We are a fantastic club who have survived despite the shenanigans of Archer and Belotti. Our White Knight 'TB' has changed our fortunes to such an extent that 'materially' some consider us to be a big club whereas others would see us a small club based on historic achievements.

Why not simply enjoy the ride !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are a small club who don't register on big club's radar. The last few seasons have been amongst the best the club has ever had. Difficult to believe reading NSC on occasions I accept.

Dec 3, 2012
II would determine clubs history and support as to wether they're a big club or not, regardless of what league they're in.
So I'd put forest, Leeds, in the big club category, I would pitch us alongside the likes of Bristol City, Derby etc

I'd have to say Derby are a significantly bigger club than Brighton. League titles and played in the top division far more often.

It's difficult to gauge the club. Excellent home support in terms of numbers and average away support. The club is unique in that it can currently regularly attract over 20k in the 2nd tier but has never had any real success in terms of occupying the top division.

On this basis you couldn't say it's as big a club as the likes of Wolves, Shef Wed, Forest, Derby, Ipswich, Borough, Blackburn, Derby etc. The nearest I can think of is Millwall albeit with a bigger but less noisy following.

DOES IT MATTER ?

We are a fantastic club who have survived despite the shenanigans of Archer and Belotti. Our White Knight 'TB' has changed our fortunes to such an extent that 'materially' some consider us to be a big club whereas others would see us a small club based on historic achievements.

Why not simply enjoy the ride !

We have big losses that must count for something:rolleyes:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
We might become a big club now that we have the Amex. The Goldstone restricted what we could achieve in the past. If we get to the top flight in the near future( we came close the last 2 seasons) then we could maybe compete like Swansea, WBA and dare i say Crystal Palace despite their ground. If the Amex can be extended in the premier league the crowds will fill it in my opinion, as there is no other clubs close by and a large catchment area. 2 seasons as the biggest gates in the championship against traditionaly larger clubs like Leeds, Sheff Wednesday,Forest, Derby etc is impressive, and i didn't think that was possible when at the Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here