Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we a better side without JFC ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Depends if you ask him to play as a defensive midfielder as Sami did, he is simply not a defensive midfielder and should never have been played in that position. As far as I'm aware he plays in a more advanced role for England U21's and he's done nothing but impress for them, and the few times I've seen him played further forward and given more of a license to play he's a much better player.

JFC is a talented young player, with a good head on his shoulders which is rare to find, lets give him so more time to develop and hopefully we'll see him in a more advanced position. He's too good to loan out but in some ways I think a loan out to a team that guarantees him starts in a more advanced position might get his development back on track.

Is the riggt answer.

In short we are a better team WITHOUT Gardner.

JFC was sadly played out of position by Sami. Madness.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Will make the bench stronger but currently not a starter. needs a rest. The midfield looks so much stronger now.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i think he has ben very poor but agree that he has been played out of position. he certainly has a pass on him but is far too prone to passing it backwards and sideways instead of looking for that defence splitting pass of which he is more than capable.

i think he needs a rest and will need to win his place back.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
My understanding is that we did not dominate the midfield against Brentford without him. He certainly has a role to play but further forward.

Listening to the BBC London commentry, on about 30 mins, they said Brentford were attacking us so much because Holla and Ince were AWOL.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wasn't at the game yesterday but by all accounts, Brentford should have been out of sight by half time. The result was great but maybe it was the defence and Stockdale that paved the way for the victory rather than the absence of JFC.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It's unfair to judge JFC's performances during Hyppia's reign. I'm looking forward to watching his development under a more experienced and wiser manager. I hope we'll see him blossom.

I agree with the views that Ince and Holla have worked well as pairing but feel Hola needs to up his game more.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Yes absolutely- no coincidence that we are playing better without him- should be a sub and hasn't done anywhere near enough to warrant starting every game which Sami insisted on

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Questioning JFC this season isn't really giving him a fair assessment imho. He has been played out of position and alongside someone who a. didn't give a monkeys about the club, b. thought he was better than everyone else on the pitch and c. put no effort in whatsoever (Gardner).

JFC was playing so much deeper than he is used too, covering his midfield colleague on top of this. If we saw him in an advanced role now, with Ince and Holla the holders in the middle, I believe that will be where we see JFC back to his most promising. The final thing, he is such a young player too - hope his development continues now on.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think his development has been hampered by asking him to play so deep and negatively. When he first broke into the squad he played further up the pitch and was developing quick feet and interpassing that was taking us into attacking positions. Like others on this string I am keen to see him behind a front two and getting one twos going with forwards and seeing him on the score sheet more often. There is no doubt he has the potential - he has been an underage player in the England set up for some time. Let's hope he now has the opportunity to develop as an attacking player instead of becoming a Ray Wilkins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here