Are voting tomorrow ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I voted tactically for the first time in 2010. I voted for Lib Dems in order to get rid of the bumptious prat Nigel Waterson. Well, he went and we got Steven Lloyd, who's party immediately joined forces with the Tories and so despite a winning anti-tory vote, I still ended up with a Conservative Prime Minister.
When the local LD feller came knocking I told him that I wouldn't be voting for him or his lot ever again. he asked was it due to the coalition and I told him that it was, partly, but mainly due to them voting in favour of tuition fee increases despite thier pledge; any party that makes a solemn pledge then breaks it is, IMO untrustworthy and not deserving of my vote.

Oh, and as for UKIP :
View attachment 42265

Every party breaks promises, Labour, the Lib Dems and The Tories - they had to go into Government with the Conservatives, it was in the interest of the Country, as a Coalition with Labour would not have worked.
As for your UKIP chart, joke and underestimate that at your own expense, just like people did with the rise of what became the Labour Party 100 years ago.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, have done today

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Greens are a disaster, wasted cash on the cycle and bus lanes causing more pollution and now we hear there is a drastic shortage of school places. They better make the most of the time they have left because they won't get in again!
Used to vote Red in the 60s then changed to Blue for the past few decades now will vote UKIP because I think 'most' of their policies the majority of the public agree with especially Europe and the Human Rights Act. I don't think the current parties take any notice of the general public. :bla::shutup:

The bus lanes were mostly introduced by Labour, and the cycle lanes were mostly paid for by money rom elsewhere under both Labour and the Tories. But then again, the Greens would struggle with the notion of popularity once folk realise that most of the stuff they are blamed for by the Argus Trolls is little to do with them. So let's not change.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm voting UKIP as a protest vote.

The Conservatives have done a good job in Mid Sussex, but I am so utterly opposed to many Conservative national policies that I feel that voting UKIP is necessary to send a strong message to Cameron et al.

I'm am utterely opposed to:
- Increase in Overseas Aid. It should be cut by 50%
- EU. We should quit
- Immigration increases. The Bulgarians, Romanians and all the rest should be stopped. We are full.
- HS2. Waste of money.
- Gay Marriage.

... I could go on, but that will do for the moment.

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
Just voted ukip.Fed up with the spineless pm we have now and the bullshit that they will give us a referendum,which they wont..as for liebour and the lib dems.id rather cut my throat with a rusty razor blade than vote for those 2 surrender merchants

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

The Conservatives have done a good job in Mid Sussex, but I am so utterly opposed to many Conservative national policies that I feel that voting UKIP is necessary to send a strong message to Cameron et al.

- EU. We should quit
- Immigration increases. The Bulgarians, Romanians and all the rest should be stopped. We are full.
- HS2. Waste of money.
- Gay Marriage.

wow - youre not voting ukip as a protest vote are you...

D

Deleted member 22389

- EU. We should quit
- HS2. Waste of money.
- Gay Marriage.

- Increase in Overseas Aid. It should be cut by 50% (I agree)
- EU. We should quit (50 - 50 on this one, we should renegotiate our terms which includes the immigration issue)
- Immigration increases. The Bulgarians, Romanians and all the rest should be stopped. We are full. (I agree)
- HS2. Waste of money. (Does not bother me)
- Gay Marriage. (Does not bother me)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

- EU. We should quit
- HS2. Waste of money.
- Gay Marriage.

I don't think it's a protest vote when it sounds like you could actually run for the party yourself.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Same here, out of protest at the current shambles. I hope the other parties get a wake up call.

You know what the problem is with voting for a joke party (yes I know, their numbers are currently up, no it won't last, yes you can bounce this when Farage is standing outside No 10.) as a protest?

If enough people do it the daft *******s might actually get in.

Sure, it'll send a message but it'll also leave you with someone you may not have actually wanted making decisons you really don't agree with. Yeah, the main parties (or whoever you vote for) may do that already but surely it's a case of the better the devil you know?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You know what the problem is with voting for a joke party (yes I know, their numbers are currently up, no it won't last, yes you can bounce this when Farage is standing outside No 10.) as a protest?

I don't think even the most ardent UKIP supporter really believes they will ever win complete power BUT once they start to get the odd council seat and then the odd MP it will force the "main" parties to take the concerns of people who favour pulling out the EU seriously. The Tories have only offered a referendum because they are scared of losing seats and as a sweetener to vote for them at the next general election. The problem being that they have no chance of getting in.

That leaves anti-EU supporters with Labour ( who lied about offering a referendum and have no published policies around the EU except that they think we should stay in ), Lib Dems ( who would always want to stay in ) and the Greens ( who support complete and utter uncontrolled immigration and European integration into an EU super state ).

The longer this stupid situation lasts the more votes UKIP will get.

Any of the main parties could kill UKIP over night by offering a true in / out referendum without any conditions.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Sure, it'll send a message but it'll also leave you with someone you may not have actually wanted making decisons you really don't agree with. Yeah, the main parties (or whoever you vote for) may do that already but surely it's a case of the better the devil you know?

The Greens taking overall control on BHCC has set a precedent.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i voted ukip when i was 18, 10 years ago.

i like to think i have now grown up :facepalm:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Would vote UKIP , but have no chance in Eastbourne, so Lib Dems...

Even tho eastbourne lost its maternity wards and now have to travel to Hastings :facepalm:

That's ridiculous, what if everyone takes that same attitude and votes for a completely different party because they'll most likely win? Every vote counts in a democracy, if you want to go and vote UKIP, vote UKIP.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

- EU. We should quit
- HS2. Waste of money.
- Gay Marriage.

I'm pretty much opposed to all that (except HS2) and would describe myself as pro-europe and very left wing. However, your views seem to be quite widely held to a greater or lesser degree and there seem to be an awful lot of people in this country that want a referendum and I cannot see why such a divisive issue wan't addressed by Labour and hasn't been addressed by the coalition; they had a referendum on electoral reform and I don't beleive nearly as many people cared as much about that.
Let's have a referendum (although your and my vote will likely cancel out) and then one side or the other can STFU.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
We don't have a vote today in London either. However, were there a vote in Wandsworth today, I would stick to the Tories, as they have always run it fairly efficiently (even if they are becoming a bit of an EasyCouncil lately). In a General Election, I would still vote Tory, as a personal vote for my local MP, who does a very good job and is involved in a lot of things locally. It would be with a heavy heart in some ways though, as I have heard first hand through my church the impact the Housing Benefit changes will have. While I support the principle of reducing the benefit bill, this is a bit like an antibiotic - it blitzes the problem, but takes out a lot of good stuff too. At the same time, whatever you think of the coalition, the current Labour leadership it seems to me don't have a clue about sound economic management, and so I would never contemplate voting for them. If David Miliband were leader I wouldn't be so worried.

My parents do have the vote today in East Sussex. It would take an earthquake to make my Dad vote anything other than Conservative; Farage went to his old school, and he has very little time for him. Mum, however, is seriously off the coalition for various reasons. If it were a General Election, I don't know what she'd do, as she has very little time for their local MP.

D

Deleted member 22389

I agree, but how else are we meant to get our message across. I have gone with better the devil you know before, where has it got us. Give someone else a vote.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I agree, but how else are we meant to get our message across. I have gone with better the devil you know before, where has it got us. Give someone else a vote.

Honestly, it's a tough one to answer but I can't ever forsee a situation where I'd agree that a vote should be given simply on the basis that the recipient may as well be given a go.

It sounds daft and I have no desire to come across as a) keyboard warrior or b) painfully delusional but if it ever came to the day where I couldn't choose who I'd want to vote for I'd stand myself, if only to not (in my eyes) waste the vote. Yes it would be an expensive, ultimately pointless gesture but I'd rather do that than not put something in a ballot box.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Well in polegate we are lucky to have Stephen and Daniel Shing......independents that actually care about the local community.

So that's who I voted for.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports