Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are there any vegans on here ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely that depends what the request is? Obviously if harissa is an ingredient in one of those dishes beloved by Masterchef where the ingredients are all piled together, then it's not going to be practical to leave it out. But if it's just a matter of not putting beans onto a plate, that shouldn't be hard to do. (If the electric system they use for ordering can't cope, then perhaps they could go back to pencil and paper.)

(My local cafe does bacon, sausage, egg, tomato, mushrooms, beans, tea/coffee, bread/toast/fried bread, and substitutions work just fine. And all for £4.50. They haven't heard of harissa - and I'm not sure they've heard of vegans either! ;))
I agree about 'greasy spoon' cafes, they usually allow changes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I should hope so. Tomato on but no black pudding? What sort of backwards place do you live in? :moo:
I guess this is gentrification, Burnley style.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
MMJRQS5K7BCPRG256KVQ7GCEYM.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The one I listed was a Grandma's Breakfast. For black pudding, hash brown, and extra bacon and sausage, you have to go for Grandad's breakfast for £6!
Schnitzel King in Prenzlauer Berg is a wonderful old school schnitzelerei and they do three sizes of schnitzel: woman's , man's and real mans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did you manage the women’s one ?
I have only been the once, but as I was feeling quite butch I pushed myself and went for the man’s.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My daughter has been a vegan for 17 years. She will eat clams and mussels on occasion because they don't have a central nervous system and, therefore, cannot form thoughts or feel pain. They are not sentient beings.
I've never seen certain fans of a club up the '23 called that before but it suits them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here