Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there any proper English traditions, for St Georges Day?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Didnt call 'anything on'......AGAIN..the VAST majority were not face covered, or indeed black clothed. Where have you seen evidence to the contrary? I think thats how you WANT it to have been, but im sorry to disappoint you. It wasnt. Where you there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QDBLWI9ow

Why would I be there Dave? I have no problem with people flying the national flag, whereas you who lives 800 miles from Brighton conveniently happen to be in town and choose confrontation with people going about their legitimate business.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well, you are the person telling me that the counter demonstrators were hard left and 'Mostly wearing black, with their faces covered'...the video shows that to be COMPLETE bollocks.
Confrontation again?...no, it was a Counter Demonstration, as allowed under democratic law. I repeat. I come home in April, and October. Yes, I picked that weekend, to join the counter demonstration. MY LEGITIMATE BUSINESS.

Tell me all about the counter demo being MOSTLY in black with their faces covered again. Should be an interesting story from somebody who wasnt there.It certainly made me laugh the first time you said it.

oh, and to try and paint the MFE/EDL shuffle as an issue about our national flag is laughable.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
And this might be perfect for NSC:

http://www.theguardian.com/children...shakespearean-insults-william-shakespeare-450

Top 10 best Shakespearean insults – to celebrate the bard's birthday

From tripe-visaged rascal to ass-head… William Shakespeare may have been born 450 years ago today (or thereabouts) but he sure knew how to put someone down in style. David and Ben Crystal, authors of the Oxford Illustrated Shakespeare Dictionary, help you work out which insults to use and when!

<snip>
8. Kent describes Oswald as a “base foot-ball player” - a game of the gutter that nobles would never dream of playing in King Lear.
</snip>

I didn't actually notice number 8 when I first posted this!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
This reminds me. I've noticed that the photo does not show when I post. Is there something I need to do to make the photo show? Jesus, I'm AlbionPics for Christsake! :ffsparr:

Now you're just a South Coast Twit. :lolol:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Wellquickwoodie.. I owe you an apology. It wasnt you telling me that the counter protests were 'mostly in black with their faces covered', so apologies.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Ummm go to a country pub and sing English country folk songs and watch some Morris Dancers. Sing Jerusalem and have a curry. Use a dildo.

Who on? A Johnny foreigner? Or shouldn't that be a Janey foreigner..

A shop in Seaford had a St George's flag flying outside it today. For a mo I was worried it had become the BNP election HQ..

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Who was St George anyway?

St George was born in Lydda in Palestina in 820ad to Greek Christian parents.

This is my knowledge without looking on the net. better than most i suspect.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I thought burning down Mosques was what the EDL did on St Georges day ????

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Happy St George's Day.
xn7yw0.jpg

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
An annual opportunity for the Anglophobes to denigrate and abuse an ancient country, it's traditions and its people that they hate..............

Yep,
As George Orwell wrote in 1941, “In left-wing circles, it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman.”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought burning down Mosques was what the EDL did on St Georges day ????

Nah. They just make a bit of noise and talk rather incoherently about muslamic ray guns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here