Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are there any players that might we lose that we want to keep?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Dunk thing makes me laugh a bit.

He's been one of our better performers this season but he isn't Maldini. He still has too many mistakes in his locker to be an England regular IMO.

The defenders ahead of him for England is about right and nothing to do with Southgate being Palace or other such bollocks I recently heard on an Albion podcast.

I reckon £20m + would see him go.

A club the size of Everton would enhance his chances of being capped further.

I underestimated Dunk when I first seen him - He is an excellent Central Defender. I too also like Harry Mc Guire who is obviously ahead of Dunky as on of the left sided central defenders to go to the World Cup with England. That will be a big mistake if England take Mc Guire because the really quick mobile forwards around the world will leave the slightly overweight Mc Guire on his arse in Russia.

I don't say that lightly because Mc Guire I admire immensely as a player but Dunk is far more mobile and adaptable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everything you say I wouldn't disagree with but the same could be said of Shaquiri at Stoke and there are many clubs all around Europe already queuing up to take him off Stoke City's hands should they go down.

Shaqiri's a proven top flight player and international, playing in a shite team. It was a shock that he signed for Stoke.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Some of this must come down to Hughton, and whether he can convince the players that we can be a top-10 team. Surely it would be better for them (other than purely financially) to be in a team that develops up the league, rather than go to an already established team? Must be a better feeling? Although I think Locadia has already effectively said he sees us as a stepping stone to Man U.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I underestimated Dunk when I first seen him - He is an excellent Central Defender. I too also like Harry Mc Guire who is obviously ahead of Dunky as on of the left sided central defenders to go to the World Cup with England. That will be a big mistake if England take Mc Guire because the really quick mobile forwards around the world will leave the slightly overweight Mc Guire on his arse in Russia.

I don't say that lightly because Mc Guire I admire immensely as a player but Dunk is far more mobile and adaptable.

I had thought Maguire was plump and slow, but having seen him at the Amex and England matches, I think he's got great pace for a CB.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I had thought Maguire was plump and slow, but having seen him at the Amex and England matches, I think he's got great pace for a CB.

I was referring more to his ability to turn quickly because the standard of forwards going to the world cup is immense. He is not slow I concede but is slow ''off the mark'' from a standing position

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
*cough* salaries *cough*. Spain and Italy have 3-4 clubs each who would pay more than the 45K a week our best boys are aready on. None of these clubs would look at our players. As for the Germans....the weather, the language, and the fact the place is full of germans are all likely negative points.

DJIp3b8XYAAIV7l.jpg

No I can't read it, either.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I'm not sure that we'd sell any of the players we signed in the summer or in the January window as they were all signed on decent length contracts and Tony is not one to sell if he doesn't want to. He'll want to keep the best possible squad to get back up if we get relegated. One or two of the longer term players like Dunk and Stephens may have had promises made in the event of relegation (or even not) so they are more likely to go IMHO.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Shaqiri's a proven top flight player and international, playing in a shite team. It was a shock that he signed for Stoke.

That's exactly my point....................The way the poster that I responded to described Gross was exactly how many would describe Shaquiri

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was referring more to his ability to turn quickly because the standard of forwards going to the world cup is immense. He is not slow I concede but is slow ''off the mark'' from a standing position

Good point, but I think that also applies to the whole lot from Stones, Tarkowski, Cahill, Jagielka, Mawson, etc.

Slow of mind and body, when up against the likes of Salah, Suarez, T.Muller, Dybala. Alas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here