Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are there any fridge experts on here?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know you’re all waiting with bated breath for the conclusion of this thread!

Well…it seems the new version of the Smeg FAB30 fridge does not have a wine shelf option; I have therefore gone for a non-Smeg part which should fit if the measurements are correct.

@LANGDON SEAGULL , this is arriving at your address. Can you bring it over?

And thank you to @Muhammed (im hard) Bruce Lee for his time, effort and guidance. Very much appreciated.

Need some wine now, any experts on here?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
@Goldstone1976 , I have purchased those wine glasses you recommended. Very very nice.
Went for the Veloce Syrah glasses and Champagne flutes which the Frau loves.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

Well…it seems the new version of the Smeg FAB30 fridge does not have a wine shelf option; I have therefore gone for a non-Smeg part which should fit if the measurements are correct.

And thank you to @Muhammed (im hard) Bruce Lee for his time, effort and guidance. Very much appreciated.

I can offer advice on RED ;)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
@Goldstone1976 , I have purchased those wine glasses you recommended. Very very nice.
Went for the Veloce Syrah glasses and Champagne flutes which the Frau loves.
Good choice. There’s very little to beat the Syrah glasses as a good all rounder. If you ever wanted to expand the collection, next on my list would be their burgundy glasses. More open bowls - good for, err, Pinot, and Merlot-based wines.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

It seems that brand name, price and colour were were higher on the checklist than actual features. Oops, we‘ve all done it at some point I guess.:rolleyes:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good choice. There’s very little to beat the Syrah glasses as a good all rounder. If you ever wanted to expand the collection, next on my list would be their burgundy glasses. More open bowls - good for, err, Pinot, and Merlot-based wines.
But they expect you to use the same glass for Syrah and Shiraz ? It may be the same grape but how very very common. You would have thought they could make the effort :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It seems that brand name, price and colour were were higher on the checklist than actual features. Oops, we‘ve all done it at some point I guess.:rolleyes:
Not really. Right at the top of my check list was a bit to keep things frozen and another bit to keep things cool.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I have spent a fair amount of time wondering why you wanted to put red wine in the fridge.

Christ.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here