Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are there any fridge experts on here?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I need a wine rack for a Smeg FAB30LPK5. We had one in our previous fridge, new one came without. There does not seem to be any spares for sale on the official Smeg website. I have tried a few companies I have found online without luck.....I cannot find this exact model number.

Any people in the industry who can help? In the first instance I prefer a genuine Smeg part.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
We do. And?
Staggering Very Good GIF

(that was the first GIF matching my search term. Not particularly relevant, but tee hee hee)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I need a wine rack for a Smeg FAB30LPK5. We had one in our previous fridge, new one came without. There does not seem to be any spares for sale on the official Smeg website. I have tried a few companies I have found online without luck.....I cannot find this exact model number.

Any people in the industry who can help? In the first instance I prefer a genuine Smeg part.
Bugger the website, I'd get straight on the phone to Smeg.

Failing that, buy a wine fridge :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From a quick look, the model is FAB30L, and the latter bit is the colour, so...

PK5 = pink
OR5 = orange
RD5 = red

...so you probably won't find a wine rack that specifically says FAB30LPK5, but any FAB30L accessory should be fine.

Are one of these any good?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

A lot quote part no 848590470 but I'd double with Smeg

I'd try you luck in Germany unless you're visiting the UK, customs costs etc

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
F#ck all that shiit.

Get shot of the old Fridge and buy a bigger fridge with an appropriate wine rack.

And if the new fridge is too big for the kitchen. Build an extension.

And if you can't build an extension. Buy a bigger house.

It saves all that faffing around looking at wine racks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From a quick look, the model is FAB30L, and the latter bit is the colour, so...

PK5 = pink
OR5 = orange
RD5 = red

...so you probably won't find a wine rack that specifically says FAB30LPK5, but any FAB30L accessory should be fine.

Are one of these any good?

Good point regarding the PK5, hadn’t thought of that. I have found one on smegspares and made an enquiry

Thank you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Genuine question (promise) , the compressor on my fridge just broke so am in the market for a new fridge. What does a smeg do that others don’t to make them cost more?
Last longer apparently. My last one lasted 18 years. They look nice as well :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Not aware of any, but I'll ask around at the wine club when we meet across the road in the park tomorrow morning

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here