Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there any BHAFC supporters voting for Norman Baker ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm glad you have posted this.
Someone I know was singing the praises of Norman Baker, I asked them to give me a list of things he has done for Newhaven, I got no reply.

His leaflet said he campaigned against the incinerator and to get the West Beach opened, well that worked ???

His mate, David Rodgers (Lib Dem) was on East Sussex council when the permission for the incinerator was granted. I would say his campaign against it can be taken with a large chunk of salt.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
His mate, David Rodgers (Lib Dem) was on East Sussex council when the permission for the incinerator was granted. I would say his campaign against it can be taken with a large chunk of salt.

Do you know if David Rodgers was for or against Falmer?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Wasn't the whole incinerator thing a Tory scheme though?

It could be the UKIP vote that saves Norman's bacon.

He only got elected in the first place because supporters of the Referendum Party split the Tory vote in the Lewes constituency. UKIP may indeed save him - although other factors include his reputation as an excellent constituency MP, the large number of Labour supporters who will vote tactically for him to keep the Tories out, and the sheer uselessness of the Conservative Party's organisation in the area. The Tories can't even find enough local candidates to fight some of the council seats.

I'm glad you have posted this.
Someone I know was singing the praises of Norman Baker, I asked them to give me a list of things he has done for Newhaven, I got no reply.

His leaflet said he campaigned against the incinerator and to get the West Beach opened, well that worked ???

I remember Norman Baker speaking at a meeting in my local village hall that had been called to campaign against landfilling and landraising in the area. He made a rousing speech, telling everyone that incineration was a better solution than either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember Norman Baker speaking at a meeting in my local village hall that had been called to campaign against landfilling and landraising in the area. He made a rousing speech, telling everyone that incineration was a better solution than either.

That, in a nutshell, is a typical politician.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
No. The pro-incineration policy was adopted by ESCC when the Lib Dems were the biggest party on the Council. In line with their NIMBY principles, though, they wanted the incinerator built in Rother district.
So basically then the Tories turned it round and dumped it on people they new would never vote for them anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No. The pro-incineration policy was adopted by ESCC when the Lib Dems were the biggest party on the Council. In line with their NIMBY principles, though, they wanted the incinerator built in Rother district.

My apologies, I thought the Lib Dems won seats after the approval.

So basically then the Tories turned it round and dumped it on people they new would never vote for them anyway.

In fairness to the local Tories, the ONLY politician to campaign consistently against the incinerator in Newhaven was Tory Councillor Mike Murphy from Seaford. But he's now retired from local politics.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

and happend to be industrial area, most appropriate for an incinerator.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here