Votes: 109 63.0%
  • Next season

Votes: 29 16.8%

• Total voters

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I voted yes purely out of childish immaturity, but looking at the table I think the most likely scenario will be for Leeds to use the fact that they snatched a draw against a big team on Saturday to generate some momentum.

I think the likes of Everton, Wolves, West Ham and Leicester will finish above them. Forest I'm not sure about? At the end of the day I can't see the footballing gods giving me my perfect relegation trio of Bournemouth, Palace and Saints though.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No chance I’m afraid, they’re more defensively resilient than some teams down there and they have a favourable fixture list

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah maybe. But it's more costly to lose to a team that's involved in the fight one is fighting.

Lots of six pointers, though, and any slip up against teams around them will pull them further down towards the fiery couldron.

But for what it’s worth, i think we’d miss Palace if they went down, no?
The maximum number of points you can give away to a team is only six though: if they take seven more points in total against Southampton, Leeds, Bournemouth, West Ham, Leicester and Nottingham than against Arsenal, City, United, Tottenham and Liverpool - which I believe is likely - they will have helped themselves by collecting more points than they can give to any specific team.

So far this season they have a terrible record against the "big six". 10 games, 0 wins, 3 draws, 7 losses. Include Brighton and Newcastle and it is 14 games, 0 wins, 5 draws, 9 losses.

Meanwhile four of their total five (5) wins comes from winning against the bottom six (with the other wins being vs Villa and Wolves at times where they may have been in the relegation zone).

I think they will be very pleased not to face teams like Brighton anymore and instead go against opposition at their own/below their level.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You say all that, but I noticed a Palace fan sneering that the lyrics to GOSBTS appear on the jumbotron, which I believe trumps all those things.

I mean, what a win for Palace that is.
And we said "You're shit aaarrgghhh" to their work experience Goal keeper which means they should be awarded all 3 points.

Some fans should know when they've been beaten by a far superior team.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think they will stay up, but they are right to be nervous at the moment. Pretty much every team at the bottom have shown signs of life recently. Palace are genuinely mediocre right now. Tight at the back but desperate up front, I can see them getting another 8 draws to stay up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone from them down could go. There are just too many poor teams this season to know who's going. The league is split in two with Villa at the bottom of the top.

I voted "next season" though. Poor squad, terrible ground, noddy fanbase, they are the opposite of us and their long term prospects are appalling. They can't replace Wilf either. Olise is absolute dogshit.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If they play like yesterday, I don't think they'll have much problem staying up. Their April fixture list looks like it should bring them the points they need.
But then if Leeds play like they did against us, they'll also stay up. And so on! Something's got to give.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just been speaking with my CPFC supporting mate and he says that he knows of ST holders at Palace have put £50 each at 25/1 at the start of the season for relegation.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No I don’t think they’ll go down, not on last nights showing. I thought they played pretty well, certainly much better than some of the teams we’ve faced this year. They do look a bit toothless up front though which might cause them a bit of concern.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nope. My mate is notorious for getting football predictions wrong every time and he has tipped them for relegation. So, they're safe :lol:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Could go down to the last game for them against Forest... I'm hoping for a 90'+10 goal to send them down by goal difference... :D

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Would be good to hear about this from one of the many Palace fans who used to post on NSC...

Most likely scenario for their forseeable future is kicking around the lower reaches of the Prem not scoring many goals or winning very often. Love it.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It is so tight that in two matches time the bottom 3 could all be out of the relegation zone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
relegation is wide open, with their lack of goals and wins (only Leeds won fewer) they will struggle. maybe they'll grind out enough draws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here