Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the fans of other clubs as clueless as Brighton fans?

Are the fans of other clubs as clueless as Brighton fans?

• Yes

Votes: 52 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Fence

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I don't understand the question

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Losing to Barnsley was CMS's fault

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • This poll doesn't have enough options

Votes: 16 14.4%

• Total voters

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Christ sake,.... with support for any team, its not arrogance, its simply blind faith and the hope that a win is out there, whether that win is a single game, or a global tournement.

eh? blind faith is fine

we should be making the semi finals at least/beating (insert decent team's name) easily is arrogance.

I've never held with the all England players are scum bags attitude, but I hated the attitude of the fans for a time. Much more down to earth these days.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This kind of self righteous posting really gets up my nose,... who the fook set you up as the fountain of all things noble and correct???.... your opinion is as clueless as anybody on here, its just a different flavour of clueless.
.... sheesh.

Find it a bit weird you've picked up on my use of the word 'clueless' when the thread title itself has the world 'clueless' as does many of the other posts.

A message board in general is self-righteous. People state Poyet HAS to go will think those of us who think he HAS to stay are clueless. It works both ways.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
NSC really is the home of inane, pessimistic, defeatist, clueless drivel after practically EVERY defeat. It's embarrassing... and to think our players probably read this shite.

Spot on. Some may be trolls but some are so mind numbingly stupid that it makes me question their sanity. They can only be the sort of miserable old idiots who will never ever be happy unless we lose so they have something to whinge about. Best ignored.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The thing is, the clueless ones are the ones that shout loudest. Especially on a message board, it can form a very skewed image.

I think of it this way. I like MANY are delighted with where we are. So I feel literally NO NEED to start a thread on it. I'm happy.

However, someone who doesn't understand football and want's a major decision to be made will start a thread. Immediately that creates the image of fan dissatisfaction. It only takes 4 or 5 to really kick off and it portrays the 'supporters' as being negative.

On the poll today about 40 people have said they want Poyet out. I'm assuming EVERYONE who wants him out who is on the board today would have voted. However I reckon LOADS of those who want him in think "Well, this is stupid to even ask" and wont bother voting.

Even without those voters, the "Poyet in" camp are smashing the doubters.

Luckily most of us can spot the loonies a mile off so choose to literally ignore everything they write on here.

all kinds of this.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
All you need to do is listen to 606 pn 5live to realise the majority of faans are clueless

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Find it a bit weird you've picked up on my use of the word 'clueless' when the thread title itself has the world 'clueless' as does many of the other posts.

A message board in general is self-righteous. People state Poyet HAS to go will think those of us who think he HAS to stay are clueless. It works both ways.
You should be a politician, why are they clueless? I suspect you havnt got a reason other than they hold a different view to you, that isnt clueless, its free will and freedom of speech.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You should be a politician, why are they clueless? I suspect you havnt got a reason other than they hold a different view to you, that isnt clueless, its free will and freedom of speech.

It's their justification for their opinion which makes them clueless.

People who state "Poyet out" then produce absolute DRIVEL. Some of the rubbish I've read today is mind boggling. We are JUST outside the playoffs which it very much still in our hands.

I've read he has 'no plan B'. A horrible cliche rolled out which actually means NOTHING.
I've read "the players (which Gus has bought in) are unable to play the style that he wants to play" What does THAT mean?
I've read "we have become dull to watch." Laughable.
I've read "we have become easy to play against" - That's not possible if we're in the psotiion we are. We would have lost every game if that was true.
I've read "We have the players but lack in formation" - Excuse me?
I've read " We have no confidence" when some of the expansive inventive football I have seen at the Amex this year could ONLY be delivered by players who posess confidence in what they are doing.
I've read "Clearly gus has taken us as far as he can". CLEARLY? How do you know that?

All things I've read today as I've just copied and pasted them.

Those are some of the moronic things I've read today. So no, you suspected wrong.

I'll be the politician. You certainly shouldn't be the police officer.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

People who state "Poyet out" then produce absolute DRIVEL. Some of the rubbish I've read today is mind boggling. We are JUST outside the playoffs which it very much still in our hands.

I've read he has 'no plan B'. A horrible cliche rolled out which actually means NOTHING.
I've read "the players (which Gus has bought in) are unable to play the style that he wants to play" What does THAT mean?
I've read "we have become easy to play against" - That's not possible if we're in the psotiion we are. We would have lost every game if that was true.
I've read " We have no confidence" when some of the expansive inventive football I have seen at the Amex this year could ONLY be delivered by players who posess confidence in what they are doing.
I've read "Clearly gus has taken us as far as he can". CLEARLY? How do you know that?

Those are some of the moronic things I've read today. So no, you suspected wrong.

I'll be the politician. You certainly shouldn't be the police officer.

And again you dont seem able to grasp the simple fact that we all dont share your opinion, that is what football is all about opinions.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
How about

Individual players seem to lose form after a while under Gus, eg CMS, Hammond, Crofts, Buckley

Lack of team spirit eg Inability to come back from going behind

Individual players show lack of discipline eg Barnes, El-Abd and seem to show complete disregard for their team

Team created for nice flowing football at Amex but cannot adapt to away fixtures at cold northern venues, even worse trying to play at Blackpool

Opposition study our brand of football and prioritise this before meeting us as Bolton did recently. Gus on the other hand asked about studying other teams on Sky looked quite shocked by the question so it probably doesn't happen.

When we play away the opposition throw the kitchen sink at us whereas when we are home we play ourselves into the game gently ignoring then fact that this helps the opposition more than us.

When do we ever as a team show as much battle and fight as for example Palace do every time I see them on TV?

I could go on but they are just off the top of my head.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I don't think I ever said you did.

So yes, I did 'grasp' that simple fact.

Thankyou.

Well if it makes you happy to call peoples views 'moronic and clueless' just because they are different to your own then carry on, just makes you look a little immature.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This is a forum for debate not an ' all things in the garden are rosy ' consensus.
Views on NSC tend to mirror people's attitude to life. Some on here are content with their lot. They are not overly ambitious for their football team and are happy at long term consolidation. Don't rock the boat, everything's fine attitude. They are critical of the more outspoken, driven, demanding, questioning fan who wants success and wants it quickly.
Managers and players divide opinion and thats how it should be. They are in the spotlight, paid a decent amount of money and fans expect them to be, at the very least,professional, to give of their best and be as consistent as possible.
Fans invest a lot of time, money and emotion following the team. They have high but reasonable expectations. Its no wonder that they let rip when they feel let down.
No one is clueless about football. Everyone has an opinion because it is such a simple game to understand. Thats why it has worldwide appeal. Cricket is far more complex, more cerebral. It is too deep, too profund for a lot of people. They don't want to invest time trying to understand it. The intricacies and complexities baffle and bore people.
Football is different. What you see is what you get. Some people overcomplicate it to try and gain some sort of ' industry superiority' but that doesn't wash. We all see through that.
Let the moaners, whingers, whiners and downright rude have their say and by all means disagree with them but don't label them as clueless. We are all as bad as each other. We think we know what's going on but we don't really. Its all guesswork, hearsay, rumour and gossip. Most of us have never played pro-football but we are happy to pass judgement on it at the drop of a hat.
I am as guilty as the next man or woman. I let my emotions run away with me. I want to let off steam. I want my team to win all the time and when it doesn't I go looking for scapegoats. I take my frustration out on the keyboard.
To label posters as clueless is by definition calling them ignorant and/or stupid and inviting reverse criticism if your own views meet with disapproval elsewhere.
We need the two ends of the spectrum on here as well as a lot in the middle. It all adds up to balanced debate. If anyone doesn't like the harsh and outspoken view, don't come on here. You have to take the rough with the smooth.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
But surely the point is, certain fans go into hiding as soon as we go on a winning spree and come out to play as soon as we lose a game. It takes a certain kind of perverse individual to support a club and then actively seem to enjoy us losing just so they can slag the latest manager/player/performance off. Differences of opinion over tactics/personnel etc will go on forever but I'll never understand the doom merchants.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

And again you dont seem able to grasp the simple fact that we all dont share your opinion, that is what football is all about opinions.
Is football really all about opinions? Favourite colours and favourite ice cream flavors are all about opinions - football is about watching and being passionate about god's game, his greatest gift to mankind.

mejona does make a fair point. If someone says that Alex Ferguson doesn't understand football, has no tactical knowledge of the game, and is out of his depth in the premier league, is that just an alternative opinion, or are we allowed to point out that they're clueless?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Is football really all about opinions? Favourite colours and favourite ice cream flavors are all about opinions - football is about watching and being passionate about god's game, his greatest gift to mankind.

mejona does make a fair point. If someone says that Alex Ferguson doesn't understand football, has no tactical knowledge of the game, and is out of his depth in the premier league, is that just an alternative opinion, or are we allowed to point out that they're clueless?

Yes, if its the majority of us. No, if its Jose Mourinho or Pep Guardiola. See, it is all about opinion.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

That's an extreme example and doesn't support your argument whatsoever.

There are some daft views put up on this forum both positive and negative. Questioning Gus's capabilities as a Manager is largely OK in my book. I think he's doing an OK job but I understand why others are of a different view and that's fine. Some take it to extremes as to the "blind support regardless" fraternity

Clueless (for the most part) is just wrong, and not sure what makes you (or me for that fact) any different to the majority

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here