Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are the Albion becoming predictable and boring?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Paul Heckingbottom post the Spurs v Sheff Utd game made a number of relevant comments.
Aside from the refs at WHite Hart Lane conspiracy theory.

He complained that when a side sets up to take a short goal kick, they need to briefly assess how the opposition is lining up before taking the goal kick and that the referees are not only unsympathetic, but also fail to understand why this is even an issue. Hasty bookings for time wasting on goal kicks can impact the game, so it is important that refs get this right.

In contrast Arsenal took over 30 seconds to take a corner on Sunday and the referee had no issue with this. I think it would be useful form them to take a look at this. No one wants to see time wasting, but there is a fine line between game management and time wasting and in some instances a little more flexibility would be beneficial.

All of R5’s Monday Night Club thought his team were time wasting throughout and were rightly penalised for it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I am not sure we should all wait while the keeper decides which centre-back to pass to. If the keeper can't make his mind up in a reasonable length of time then hoofing it may be the best bet. All fine margins I am sure - but I am not criticising refs for clamping down on what they see as time-wasting.
I think a little bit of Fa Cup glory may have gone to your head after the weekend.

Defenders are being booked for holding the ball taking a look at the opposition and then playing it short to the keeper. When the away team does this the crowd immediately get on the referee's back.

The process for a hoof up field involves the keeper placing the ball, cleaning his studs and then waving all the players upfield. It isn't deemed time wasting to get your players in position for a hopeful flick on, so why should it be time wasting to set your team up to play through the press?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Does anyone STILL shout "Get it forward FFS stop fannying about!" at the Amex?

:lol:
I can confirm there is at least one that sits near me, but usually only immediately after we have conceded, by fannying about at the back these days.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
All of R5’s Monday Night Club thought his team were time wasting throughout and were rightly penalised for it.
I am quite happy to disagree with the experts be it Clinton Morrison, Robbie, Graham Souness or a whole host of ex-pros who are there to create talking points.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If he is still alive today, my former neighbour in Withdean block C, "Hoof it! Quality hoof" will be turning in his grave.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
As the old fella behind us used to say, during the Poyet years at Withdean: ”GET IT FORWARD!”

He, like most of us now I’m sure, would have a heart attack with the amount of fannying going on.
TBH, whilst I fully understand, appreciate and like it, it still causes my blood pressure to raise quite a few times a game!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I know some will point out to the revord levels of goals, chances created, slick 30 pass moves and all round awesomeness of what we‘ve seen under RDZ, but there’s no LUMPING IT aimlessly from the keeper this season and frankly, it’s not good enough.

View attachment 166661

#RobertoOUT
#BloomOUT
#BarberOUT

Neil Warnock’s blue and white army
:fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing: :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can confirm there is at least one that sits near me, but usually only immediately after we have conceded, by fannying about at the back these days.

I know I'm going to jinx it and it's going to be my fault, but talking to a mate yesterday, we struggled for when we last conceded fannying around at the back, even though we all expect it to happen more under RDZ's style ???

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can I just say don't start chatting to that woman in the advert her name is actually Clive and drives a taxi at night and isn't even over 60! So a mate told me anyway.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I know I'm going to jinx it and it's going to be my fault, but talking to a mate yesterday, we struggled for when we last conceded fannying around at the back, even though we all expect it to happen more under RDZ's style ???
I include Websters wrong foot awkward back pass against West Ham, though not strictly fannying about, in days gone by it would have been hoofed out, or attempted whack up the line. In any case, it prompted the famous words.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Paul Heckingbottom post the Spurs v Sheff Utd game made a number of relevant comments.
Aside from the refs at WHite Hart Lane conspiracy theory.

He complained that when a side sets up to take a short goal kick, they need to briefly assess how the opposition is lining up before taking the goal kick and that the referees are not only unsympathetic, but also fail to understand why this is even an issue. Hasty bookings for time wasting on goal kicks can impact the game, so it is important that refs get this right.

In contrast Arsenal took over 30 seconds to take a corner on Sunday and the referee had no issue with this. I think it would be useful form them to take a look at this. No one wants to see time wasting, but there is a fine line between game management and time wasting and in some instances a little more flexibility would be beneficial.
Strange though that this phenomenon negatively affects Sheffield Utd and not Brighton….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here