Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are Spurs right to "be put off by Evan Ferguson's £100m price tag"?

Are Spurs right to "be put off by Evan Ferguson's £100m price tag"?

• Yes - he's not worth that. Buy someone else. Anyone else.

Votes: 59 50.0%
  • No - worth every penny and more besides.

Votes: 59 50.0%

• Total voters

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Do Brentford have to poke up with their players being touted to the perceived big 6 every time they win games?

You’d expect Lineker to be the one pundit who would not be doing this, as a Leicester fan who lived the dream. He is a twat though, so maybe not.

Can you imagine John Motson doing this? I can’t.

Brentford are a couple of years behind us in the development of their team in the Premier League. When we were in there position a few years back only really Bissouma was attracting interest and he went to Spurs, but all the rest was in the 'potential' bracket, nothing concrete. Now we've caught the attention of bigger fish with a top six finish they're scrutinising our players more, but we've recruited to cope with this. Only Raya and Toney in the Brentford squad have caught the big clubs eye and one's moved, the other seems to be suggesting he's moving on.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Brentford are a couple of years behind us in the development of their team in the Premier League. When we were in there position a few years back only really Bissouma was attracting interest and he went to Spurs, but all the rest was in the 'potential' bracket, nothing concrete. Now we've caught the attention of bigger fish with a top six finish they're scrutinising our players more, but we've recruited to cope with this. Only Raya and Toney in the Brentford squad have caught the big clubs eye and one's moved, the other seems to be suggesting he's moving on.
Bryan Mbuemo is 24 and better than Raya & Toney imho.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This. Click bait nonsense.
Isn't it about time we started to fight back a bit against this incessant speculation and rumour mongering that targets our club. Its every day of every week of every year and its becoming tiresome. Its as if there is a concerted agenda to destabilise us, strip us bare of all available talent and send us back to where the elite clubs believe we belong. Clearly, we are perceived as a threat and others are envious of our model and our progress.
Established ' Fan TV's ' throw rumour around like confetti. This week, Arsenal Fan TV ' had it on good authority ' that Evan Ferguson was the clubs no.1 target next summer ( 2024 ) You can pooh pooh these channels as much as you like but they have a following, amongst fans, players, agents and club representatives. They do have contacts and they can spread gossip widely.
We need to establish ourselves more online. We need to be linking ourselves with certain players at the elite clubs. We need to be a bit naughty at times and start playing the same games as these ' elite' fanbases. We need to ruffle a few feathers, rather than wait to be pillaged. It is all a game. The Fabrizio Romano's play it all the time. The 'click-baiters ' need to be given something to think about. We had the door slammed in our face re Levi Colwill and then got raided again.
I know we struggle to compete with the attraction of the Greedy Ones but we are a proud and progressive club and we need to assert ourselves a bit more and give the impression that its not all one way traffic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Isn't it about time we started to fight back a bit against this incessant speculation and rumour mongering that targets our club. Its every day of every week of every year and its becoming tiresome. Its as if there is a concerted agenda to destabilise us, strip us bare of all available talent and send us back to where the elite clubs believe we belong. Clearly, we are perceived as a threat and others are envious of our model and our progress.
Established ' Fan TV's ' throw rumour around like confetti. This week, Arsenal Fan TV ' had it on good authority ' that Evan Ferguson was the clubs no.1 target next summer ( 2024 ) You can pooh pooh these channels as much as you like but they have a following, amongst fans, players, agents and club representatives. They do have contacts and they can spread gossip widely.
We need to establish ourselves more online. We need to be linking ourselves with certain players at the elite clubs. We need to be a bit naughty at times and start playing the same games as these ' elite' fanbases. We need to ruffle a few feathers, rather than wait to be pillaged. It is all a game. The Fabrizio Romano's play it all the time. The 'click-baiters ' need to be given something to think about. We had the door slammed in our face re Levi Colwill and then got raided again.
I know we struggle to compete with the attraction of the Greedy Ones but we are a proud and progressive club and we need to assert ourselves a bit more and give the impression that its not all one way traffic.
Agents and club reps don’t use fan TV or social media to determine their transfer targets not does it have any real effect on the process, they use scouts, data and analysis. We’re very, very good at producing/developing young players, ergo our players will be sought after by ‘big‘ clubs who aren’t as good at it and/or can’t be arsed to do it. That’s what comes from having a great track record and reputation for doing so. It needs to continue, not stop. The day it stops, we’re screwed as it means we’re not producing the kind of player that makes our model sustainable.

The key is knowing when to let a player go - and in that case those in charge are doing a magnificent job, extracting top, top dollar and having a clear plan for replacement or succession.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Perhaps we need a bit of muscle. I vote for this guy;

1692771569303.png

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Evan is a very level headed young man, with bags of potential and I am sure he is being advised a lot better than some of our recent departures.
I can see him moving on, it is only natural with the ability and promise he has, and he knows that their are bigger clubs that will come calling, rather than settling a team that constantly flatters to deceive, I can see him at Liverpool or Manchester United, I see nothing Spursy about him.

He will at least stay here until next summer, then Liverpool will cash in on Salah before his final year in contract and come calling.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ferguson is a fantastic prospect and not the finished article which leaves me wondering if Ferguson is valued by the Albion at £100 million is he even close to Mbeppe valued by PSG at £130 million.

so with that in mind what would that buy you

Ferguson 18 year old fantastic prospect with half a season under his belt big strong but possibly not the first name on the spreadsheet (not yet anyway) for his current club who would cost £100k a week.

Mbeppe won everything there is to win including the World Cup where he scored a hat trick still only 24 scored 40 goals in 70 starts for France who would cost £500k a week.
Any way, he's not for sale. We haven't set a price. It's all bullshit.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can’t stand all the hype around fees, as fans we are only going to get the bum end of the deal. £115m for Caicedo so what it all we get is a weaker team to watch this season. If the rumours are true about this Arsenal player we’ve gone from a world class player to the bottom of the list replacement.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Bryan Mbuemo is 24 and better than Raya & Toney imho.

He was certainly overshadowed by Toney and plenty of my Bees supporting mates moaned about his lack of consistency, bit like Maupay for us. I've always liked him and he seems to be taking his chance very well at the moment. Even Wissa goes under the radar a lot. I think if Brentford have a top ten finish this season (not sure they will), then other clubs might look at them a lot closer.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He was certainly overshadowed by Toney and plenty of my Bees supporting mates moaned about his lack of consistency, bit like Maupay for us. I've always liked him and he seems to be taking his chance very well at the moment. Even Wissa goes under the radar a lot. I think if Brentford have a top ten finish this season (not sure they will), then other clubs might look at them a lot closer.
Brentford are our mini-me

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The more rumours that fly around the more it shows our plan is working.

Best thing to do is to block out all the noise, it really isn't worth much. Our club is well run and players can when it suits them club and when the price is right.

Everything else is white noise and best ignored.

Although it's our players could refrain could refrain from scoring worldies while the transfer window is open it would be very helpful.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Only Raya and Toney in the Brentford squad have caught the big clubs eye and one's moved, the other seems to be suggesting he's moving on.
I reckon were it not for Toney’s issues he’d have been front and centre to replace Kane at Spurs

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Can’t stand all the hype around fees, as fans we are only going to get the bum end of the deal. £115m for Caicedo so what it all we get is a weaker team to watch this season. If the rumours are true about this Arsenal player we’ve gone from a world class player to the bottom of the list replacement.
You are spot on. The shit we have to put up watching week in and week out is definately the bum end of the deal. I can't stand this model that our so call owners have put in place, and who ends up suffering this bum end of the deal. . . Us bloody supporters that's who. Do the board even think of us when they set us up at the 'best run club in the world', bully for them. It doesn't help us poor customers does it.

Why cant we have some murderous regime bankrolling us? Or some clueless Billionaire signing every player they lay eyes on. That's how you give your supporters what they deserve.

I've had enough, I'm off to support Chelsea.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Both those wanted away because of disputes over not getting enough game time which is not quite the same as moving on to bigger club/wages etc.
Exactly - Undav wasnted regularly starts - in Germany - to try and get into the German national team. Without takimg sides, reatios between Sanchez and RDZ/Ricard Segarra had significantly brken down, so a move was best for all parties. Will be interestig to see how long Sanchez remains as Chelsea's no.1.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I don't think anyone's interested in Dunk but that wasn't my point. To us he's invaluable.
Regarding Dunk, I think he falls into the one club player category and clubs are put off by this as they see them as hard to change so do we take a chance.
He would grace any team but like you say he is invaluable to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here