Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are Newcastle going to stay up? (Suggestion - don’t open if you don’t care :smile:)

Will Newcastle stay up?

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
On one hand I hope they do because it would be hilarious, but on the other (assuming we don't go down too!), I'd miss my closest away day.

On balance, I'd love it if they went down.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
On one hand I hope they do because it would be hilarious, but on the other (assuming we don't go down too!), I'd miss my closest away day.

On balance, I'd love it if they went down.

Newcastle down, Boro up, local away day, jobs a good'un

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If they're still in the muck by about game 30 then I dont fancy their chances.

Tottenham - away
Wolves -home
Leicester -home
Norwich - away
Liverpool - home
City - away
Arsenal - home
Burnley - away

Few winnable ones in there with Norwich and Burnley both they're both away games. It'll be tough.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Wonder how their Management Team will explain to their New Masters the concept of Stoke City on a Tuesday Night? :lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They are still well within touching distance, a few signings and they will stay up easily I reckon. Seems there are a few teams down there who can't get any sort of run going.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Will sign a bunch of mercenaries who won't give a sh*t and won't gell as a team. Leading to relegation and financial implosion as the murderers realise the financal hole they have dug and decide not to keep throwing more money into that hole. Then FFP will kick in leaving smug eddie with a team full of overpaid, underperforming strollers and another relegation will follow, and Newcastle will be playing Forest Green Rovers in an empty echoing stadium watched only by a sad, plastic faced, wrinkle free, woman and three fat topless Geordies with tea towels still draped over ther balding heads.

Hopefully.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
I think they will. They really should be further adrift but there’s a lot of crap in the league this year and that will save them

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
All 5 teams above them have games (some several games) in hand and aside from Dirty have a massive GD as well.

It's Tuesday night at Stoke for me Clive...:clap:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They're only two points from safety. You might point to them having played two games more than watford and everton, one more than leeds, and four more than burnley, but as gets pointed out around the relegation zone every year; those teams are down there for a reason. They are unlikely to win those games in hand, so they are eminently catchable (though you'd have to expect Everton to move up the table, surely?).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are evens to go down on Betfair exchange and that is about right.

Personally I think they will survive. I don't think they need anything like a whole new team to stay up, 3 or 4 shrewd (but likely overpriced) signings in Jan would do it. If I was Newcastle,I'd be looking at players like Chelsea's Gallagher, who is currently being wasted at a shit non league ground

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
As we saw when Citeh first got their cash, its pretty difficult in the first few windows as every selling club just asks for silly money so you just end up with mercenaries who aren't that good. In a few years they'll be fine but would wet myself if they went down this time round, which I think they will. Wilson and ASM aside, they're pretty rubbish.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
They have 19 games left and are currently 2 points away from safety.

Of course, they will survive, with games to spare....
If they were 10-15 points cut adrift I'd maybe consider my response.
When most results at that end of the table are defeats (or draws at best) games in hand don't mean a lot.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
They are evens to go down on Betfair exchange and that is about right.

Personally I think they will survive. I don't think they need anything like a whole new team to stay up, 3 or 4 shrewd (but likely overpriced) signings in Jan would do it. If I was Newcastle,I'd be looking at players like Chelsea's Gallagher, who is currently being wasted at a shit non league ground

Unfortunately Palace have got Gallagher until the end of the season. But I still, likewise, think they will survive - albeit only just. They desperately need to sort out their defence (42 goals conceded - the same as Norwich). It'll be very interesting to see how things pan out....Norwich are almost certainly down, and Watford are poor. They would be my two best bets for relegation. Historically Burnley have done enough to stay up, and this season have Cornet, who is excellent....I think if he stays fit, then Burnley should have enough to stay up. That points to a bit of a battle between Newcastle and Leeds for the last relegation place!! Leeds have been decimated by injuries, although looks like Bamford will be back soon. The relegation battle this season looks a helluva lot more interesting than what's happening at the top of the table.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I hope Leeds go down ahead of Newcastle, the fallout would be hilarious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here