Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are Middlesbrough the Brighton of the Championship?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
More Potter than RDZ 100%…

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have a feeling they may be joining us next year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. They are just pissing about now they are safe in the playoffs and can't get automatic.

Bit unfair on Huddersfield though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Admittedly it was only watching on a moody stream but from what I saw of our game against them in the cup, the answer’s no.

I suspect Rotherham are merely shit.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
More Potter than RDZ 100%…
Yeah I fell like this is peak Potterball shades of those two crazy games we completely dominated against West Brom and Palace and unbelievably lost both.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No. They are just pissing about now they are safe in the playoffs and can't get automatic.

Bit unfair on Huddersfield though.
Huddersfield Town lose to Sheffield United and it's down to their final match at home to Reading. Worth a watch that.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Huddersfield Town lose to Sheffield United and it's down to their final match at home to Reading. Worth a watch that.
To think of those two ridiculous VAR calls didn’t go against Huddersfield in the play off final they’d probably be in the Premier League instead of fighting to avoid going down to League zone.

Huddersfield we’re definitely shafted by VAR in that one game more than we have been all season.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I went to a wedding in a Middlesbrough working men's club. There was a meat raffle and most the men turned up in Boro shirts - proper class. The bride was Roumanian and when my mate went to Bucharest once they were married, he claimed it felt like being back in Middlesbrough - pollution, crap houses, all the men hanging around in track suits holding beers and fags and all the banter was either about football or general homophobia. When he argued with his brother in law that gay men should be allowed to vote, it became the joke of the week. It was as if he'd suggested dogs should be allowed to vote.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
If there is one team in the top 10 of the Championship I really don't want in the Premier League, it's Boro.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Boro were dire. Played like a team with nowt to play for.

Rov are one of the stories of the season. Ended an eight-year run of yo-yoing despite losing one of their best managers ever, having probably the worst budget in the division and their best player departing injured during the first half today.

It’s comparable to when we were staying in the Championship against the odds about 20 years ago but with a much bigger financial gap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here