Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are labour voters the worst losers in the history of the world?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not really , to do so you're also ignoring the votes that SNP took from labour
Rubbish! HKFC's original post linked them as fellow left wing parties, one the left party in Scotland and one in England.

"The Conservatives polled 11.3m votes. Labour, with the similarly leftist SNP, polled 10.8m."

UKIP took votes from across the board - left wing labour campaigned against Europe in 1975 and 1983, so the UKIP vote is likely to have included a substantial minority of disaffected labour - that's how they polled nearly 4 million.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Rubbish! HKFC's original post linked them as fellow left wing parties, one the left party in Scotland and one in England.

"The Conservatives polled 11.3m votes. Labour, with the similarly leftist SNP, polled 10.8m."

UKIP took votes from across the board - left wing labour campaigned against Europe in 1975 and 1983, so the UKIP vote is likely to have included a substantial minority of disaffected labour - that's how they polled nearly 4 million.
ah, I obviously didn't realise that this makes UKIP a left wing party, oh hang on , it doesn't.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
ah, I obviously didn't realise that this makes UKIP a left wing party, oh hang on , it doesn't.
No, it's basically a single issue pressure group.

And, if you'd read my post properly, you would have seen that I hadn't attached any 'left' or 'right' labels to it.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

do you really believe that?

looks like your clutching at straws to me

Labour supporters voting UKIP ???

when they thought the vote was in the balance,no chance!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Plenty of arrogant Tories about who would have been worse as winners or losers, Katie Hopkins for one.

Heres one being 'gracious'

Attachments

• 11143363_10152870888356305_1882647547552255093_n.jpg
    11143363_10152870888356305_1882647547552255093_n.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 149

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Labour need a right nasty bar steward as a leader someone who can fight just as dirty as the tories, some who can lie through their teeth but still sound plausable.
the tories in Eastbourne fought dirty after buying a wrap around for the local paper (lets see just how that effects their coverage)
but the tories could not manage to win over the electorate in the council elections.
lets hope all those who voted tory don't start whingeing about the hospitals here as it will fall on deaf ears no doubt and all that worrying about the scots hoards coming across the border with their silly demands will come to nought as they will still be there in parliament giving dave a hard time because they are entitled to ( think dave might regret going up there and campaigning for the NO vote)
Labour will live to fight another day ....................but from now on please don't stand back, get stuck into them
I agree with you. They acted like the opposition all the way through the campaign, not the next government. Telling everyone hpw bad the tories are will never get the party elected.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No, it's basically a single issue pressure group.

And, if you'd read my post properly, you would have seen that I hadn't attached any 'left' or 'right' labels to it.
No, but I did, for the simple reason that the whole premise of HKFC's original post was voting bloc's of left and right.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Disappointed we did not get a Con/Lib coalition again, a bit worried by unfettered Tories, but less so than unfettered Labour or Labour in minority.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
I am struggling to think of a more bitter set of people. They are making Fergie, Mourinho and Nigel Adkins look gracious.

This is not a game of ludo. This is about people's' lives. I'm upset because the cuts will cause deaths - social care, forcing people with Cancer to work, causing people with mental health issues to consider suicide.

Just so some of us who are better off can buy more shite...

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
At risk of resurrecting my bitterness, it concerns me that the most vulnerable in our society will suffer, rights will be eroded, and the traditional right wing will drive social chasms between us.

If that sounds like bitterness and sour grapes then I offer no defence- because it is.

Sums it up for me.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
do you really believe that?

looks like your clutching at straws to me

Labour supporters voting UKIP ???

when they thought the vote was in the balance,no chance!

UKIP did eat in to traditional Labour support.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
An anti PR tactic? haha. Prat.

Its an EXAMPLE of what PR can bring.

Its a false example of what PR could bring because The Islamic Party Of Great Britain was a failed political party.
But you are right its not a PR scare tactic when used as a stand alone comment, it does become however a scare tactic if used again and more than once as an example of what PR could bring, only time will tell if you decide to use this example more than once.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
UKIP did eat in to traditional Labour support.

All the voting statistics will tell you this is true.....there are some people on these threads that need to realise everything is not black and white. UKIP has gained support from both Tory and Labour voters the same way the Greens have accomplished exactly the same.

I am not surprised the labour party is currently in such internal turmoil when their most vociferous supporters blindly refuse to acknowledge some of their support has disappeared to UKIP

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is not a game of ludo. This is about people's' lives. I'm upset because the cuts will cause deaths - social care, forcing people with Cancer to work, causing people with mental health issues to consider suicide.

Just so some of us who are better off can buy more shite...

If you are going to give as fact that austerity measures cause death perhaps you could share some figures.

you give two examples,people with cancer forced to work and people with mental health issues being forced to consider suicide,both due to austerity measures.

Whilst cancer is a truly awful disease i do know people who have it and still work full time and live a normal everyday life,my mother carried on working usually 70 or 80 hours a week with cancer until it beat her. Of course there are varying degrees of cancer affecting people in various ways.

However since you give it as a fact. How many people with cancer have died from having their benefits stripped and having to go back to work? What are your views on oral chemotherapy,are people on this incapacitated enough to stop them,across the board from being able to work or are some of them capable of full time work?
And how many people with mental health issues have committed suicide because of austerity cuts.

I await your figures,you must have them as you would be unable to make such sweeping statements otherwise, unless of course you have just bought into the party line that the Tories are the nasty people.......A line on politics and thinking that many Labour supporters are finally admitting cost them votes.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its a false example of what PR could bring because The Islamic Party Of Great Britain was a failed political party.
But you are right its not a PR scare tactic when used as a stand alone comment, it does become however a scare tactic if used again and more than once as an example of what PR could bring, only time will tell if you decide to use this example more than once.

You clown. Do you think another party is not possible? Really. Again, it was an example. There will be many distatesful parties, with everybody represented. There will be inter party squabbling, and not a lot will be achieved. PR wont happen any time soon. UKIP have to start WINNING seats. Not losing them. Not that they would ever be anything other than a fringe party, as PR will work for the Labour party, and the Tories in regards to seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here