Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Poll to follow.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If you leave a cake out it dries and if you leave a biscuit out it goes soft so technically they are cakes.

Apparently that was the argument that won over the HMRC as they have different VAT rates but I have never verified that so it might be nonsense.

That said a tomato is a fruit but I wouldn't put it in a fruit salad.
Yup. It’s all about whether you hey go hard or soft as they age.. There’s probably a life lesson in there somewhere

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20240110_173315_Chrome.jpg

Guess I'm barking up the wrong tree ???

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
If you leave a cake out it dries and if you leave a biscuit out it goes soft so technically they are cakes.

Apparently that was the argument that won over the HMRC as they have different VAT rates but I have never verified that so it might be nonsense.

That said a tomato is a fruit but I wouldn't put it in a fruit salad.
That’s right cakes go hard biscuit’s go soft

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Mr Donald Potter QC settled this in a court case back in 1991.

They are definitely a cake in the eyes of the law. It also meant Mcvities didn’t have to pay VAT, as apparently you don’t have to on cakes, whereas biscuits you do. :shrug:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Mr Donald Potter QC settled this in a court case back in 1991.

They are definitely a cake in the eyes of the law. It also meant Mcvities didn’t have to pay VAT, as apparently you don’t have to on cakes, whereas biscuits you do. :shrug:
Biscuits are luxury items for tax purposes, whereas cake is just regular food... or something.

It was one of those cases they always talked about in business studies, alongside the Coca-Cola new taste debacle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Binary ?

Apparently there are 10 types of people - those who understand binary and those who don't ....
Very good. 1100/1100.

(I hope I worked that out correctly or I'll look like a pretentious arse. Again).

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Rather nice your shamouti orange and a great but of cultivating to create it by Palestinian farmers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here