Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Brighton fans being kept behind after the Palace game?

MikeyHolden

Nov 17, 2012
Are Brighton fans being kept behind after the Palace game?
I heard somewhere on the grape vine that there was like an hour and a half delay?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Check the official site, there is a statement from the club/met/palace there I believe.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's all uncertain. One things for sure and that's that the police will not divulge their exact plan, so despite the advance statement nothing is really ruled out.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else so apologies if it's been said before.

Does anyone listen to the Cafe Calcio podcast?

On their show the other day they were talking about crowds and 'pack' related violence at the football. The chief case officer from the FSF was on - I can't remember her name - as she was talking about the great talks they had to sort-out the policing at Selhurst this year after 100 complaints last year.

Basically she said that the Brighton supporters reps at the meeting (I don't know who this is, I presume Liz Costa etc) said that Albion fans (collectively) expect to be kept in after the game.

Apparently the FSF were surprised that the Albion fan reps didn't make more noise about us lot being kept in Selhurst after the match.

Obviously after that Palace, the Met and Sussex police were pretty pleased with the outcome of the talks.

It's hardly Gaza talks, but I am not sure if every Albion fan knew about this level of pragmatism at the meeting.

Anyway, wear an extra layer.

Sooty the Thief

Oct 3, 2009
Anyone who thinks that it is best to avoid a game against our rivals just because there may be a bit of trouble needs to grow a pair quite frankly. This is football.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Anyone who thinks that it is best to avoid a game against our rivals just because there may be a bit of trouble needs to grow a pair quite frankly. This is football.

Not anyone. Anyone who is between 15-55 and doesn't go with kids. I totally understand why people don't want to take kids to Palace, if I had them, I wouldn't.

And there is no chance we will be kept in for an hour and a half after the game. No chance. Imagine if we've lost and they do that, people will tear the f***ing place apart.

I still don't understand why they don't just do what they did last year, it seemed to work very well. Or, hold Palace in for 15 minutes and get all the Brighton away from the ground and onto the trains and out of the way of trouble. Then the situation is finished, instead of having Brighton walk through the surrounding area with all the Palace still in the vicinity.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Not anyone. Anyone who is between 15-55 and doesn't go with kids. I totally understand why people don't want to take kids to Palace, if I had them, I wouldn't.

And there is no chance we will be kept in for an hour and a half after the game. No chance. Imagine if we've lost and they do that, people will tear the f***ing place apart.

I still don't understand why they don't just do what they did last year, it seemed to work very well. Or, hold Palace in for 15 minutes and get all the Brighton away from the ground and onto the trains and out of the way of trouble. Then the situation is finished, instead of having Brighton walk through the surrounding area with all the Palace still in the vicinity.

We know the area very well ,why don't you lot keep yourselves behind in March?
Or even better try and host us at 3 pm on a Saturday for a change ?
When was the last time that happened?You lot are very quick to preach answers but couldn't police and steward a local derby at a normal match day KO.
Had the cheek to knock Palace for drinking in Seaford Lewes poet ate Weststreet etc yet you lot are staying in Brighton or going into the city for your drinking.
Strange lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here