Are Albion fans too nice?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Barry LLoyd played a few seasons for Fulham so I suspect not all of the Fulham fans were amused with the Brighton fans booing him.

Thanks for the reply. It was a long time ago now and of course you could be right. I was standing at the edge of the away fan stand and, strange as it may seem, can still picture the locals laughing. They may well have been laughing at us. I appreciate.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think you are . Get abit of animosity going and make away fans feel un welcome ( like buzzer does on here )

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Booing him? I think this is the same game I was referring too in an earlier post. It was an evening game midweek. Brighton fans were making fires on the terrace and a few police helmets were being thrown around after the MET tried to put a stop to it and there was a bit of commotion. The Brighton fans were singing "London's burning" and doing a bit more than booing the manager. I remember Brighton fans going over the fences and the players looking very sheepish as they were scuttling off into the cottage to merciless abuse and worse. Brighton fans too nice? I could describe Brighton's following as many things but nice wouldnt be something that would automatically spring to mind.

I was at this game......I think you're exaggerating a bit to be fair as I don't remember police scuffles, fires and fans going over the fences.

Feb 14, 2010
I was at this game......I think you're exaggerating a bit to be fair as I don't remember police scuffles, fires and fans going over the fences.

1992 I think. It was an evening game. I was standing a few yards away from the fires (before we moved). In the middle behind the goal there were fires lit during the game and police helmets whizzing around. To our right near the cottage here was a rush on the fence and a few went Brighton went over. After the game the players were given lots of stick. I didnt see much actual trouble at this game but did a few years later at a Saturday game against fulham.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Nobody here wants to spend a Saturday afternoon up the road at Broadfield Stadium, least of all Bloom. but we should all take the long view and be patient. I think there will be some interesting developments out of the Janauary transfer window

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you are . Get abit of animosity going and make away fans feel un welcome
**** off you ****

I have got that right, haven't I?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Social media is powerful, however, I'm guessing TB et al will look at 2-300 people on twitter with #binthefinn and say it's not representative of the 23,000 STHs. He'd be wrong but I guess that may be how he'd look at it, we need a huge uplift of a social media campaign. Oh and stick #gogetTS in their too!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Social media is powerful, however, I'm guessing TB et al will look at 2-300 people on twitter with #binthefinn and say it's not representative of the 23,000 STHs. He'd be wrong but I guess that may be how he'd look at it, we need a huge uplift of a social media campaign. Oh and stick #gogetTS in their too!
What are you/they aiming to achieve?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What are you/they aiming to achieve?

I feel that we are sleep walking into relegation, we have a limited squad I accept, however we are not seeing any improvement, innovation or reasons for optimism. The aim, for me, is to remove Hyypia who I believe to be not up to the job and feel we would be better served with a more experienced manager, possibly better connected than Hyypia.

This isn't to say anything is going to happen but it may help to remind the board how some supporters feel about the situation and allow them to act before it's too late. If we replaced the manager now the new incumbent would have the opportunity to assess the squad before the transfer window opened so he could best identify any chnages that may, or may not, need to be made.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully the kids will riot at the Young Seagulls Xmas party.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it's less us being too nice, more the fact that Hyypia as a person or a manager inspres very little emotion in either players or fans. He's just, sort of, there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports