Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are a section of our fans also like RDZ?

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
There seems to be a lot of vitriol towards RDZ at the moment, primarily is he really aligned to the Club's strategy? Can it also be said that this is the same for a section of our fanbase?

It's no secret that we are not a "Big 6" club and we currently do not have the resources of those but have recently been able to compete due to the club's strategy. A strategy where PBOBE has openly said on many occasions, that there will be bumps in the road. Yep we've hit one of those big bumps! Recruitment is difficult for a club of our size, but some think it's the same as walking into a sweet shop and saying I'll have that one. We have a wage structure - where are these ready made replacements for Mac and Caicedo that won't bust our wage structure. Players like Kovacic and Nunes at Man City would walk straight into our side, but are bit part players at City - why are they there - money and glory (which we don't have for this type of player!)

So do we trust the process or do we throw our toys out of the pram and blame anything and everything for this bump? Either you are aligned with the club's strategy or you walk away - it really is that simple as none of us, not even RDZ, are going to change it. As an analogy, we are a medium sized retailer and we want to compete with the likes of Sainsburys and Tescos in the next 6 months - life just doesn't work like that unless TB wants to risk/spaff many more millions that he may not want to do - that's his prerogative, not the fans.

That's why our business before the 30th June is key to our short term success - I'd rather support a club in the current environment that is in a strong position, compared to most of our opposition (outside the Big 6 ex Chelsea)

The club are never going to get everything right, but they have a decent track record - keep the faith.........

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
There seems to be a lot of vitriol towards RDZ at the moment, primarily is he really aligned to the Club's strategy? Can it also be said that this is the same for a section of our fanbase?

It's no secret that we are not a "Big 6" club and we currently do not have the resources of those but have recently been able to compete due to the club's strategy. A strategy where PBOBE has openly said on many occasions, that there will be bumps in the road. Yep we've hit one of those big bumps! Recruitment is difficult for a club of our size, but some think it's the same as walking into a sweet shop and saying I'll have that one. We have a wage structure - where are these ready made replacements for Mac and Caicedo that won't bust our wage structure. Players like Kovacic and Nunes at Man City would walk straight into our side, but are bit part players at City - why are they there - money and glory (which we don't have for this type of player!)

So do we trust the process or do we throw our toys out of the pram and blame anything and everything for this bump? Either you are aligned with the club's strategy or you walk away - it really is that simple as none of us, not even RDZ, are going to change it. As an analogy, we are a medium sized retailer and we want to compete with the likes of Sainsburys and Tescos in the next 6 months - life just doesn't work like that unless TB wants to risk/spaff many more millions that he may not want to do - that's his prerogative, not the fans.

That's why our business before the 30th June is key to our short term success - I'd rather support a club in the current environment that is in a strong position, compared to most of our opposition (outside the Big 6 ex Chelsea)

The club are never going to get everything right, but they have a decent track record - keep the faith.........
IMG_1954.jpeg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I think you should tell this to RDZ. Because I think most reasonable Albion fans are on board with this.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Next season will be telling. A 'bump' of the same magnitude and the club will quite likely be dumped on its arse back into the Championship. Time to build shirley? Not cashing in on Mitoma in the summer would be a good statement of intent
What if he wants to leave?

I resent these all or nothing arguments, either you are a delusional fan or a sensible, long-term fan. We all know what kind of club we are. The real argument is much smaller scale than these all or nothing’s - should the club have provided RDZ with a few more prem-ready players to forestall this current awful run. I think they should have, and any response that says they would have imperilled the finances of the club is being utterly hyperbolic, in my view

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some Brighton are a bit melty we lost at Liverpool and it’s well what do expect Palace win there. Currently Forest are giving City a game not rolling over having their tummies tickled. The trouble with all the tippy tappy football is it’s not aggressive enough. Our players aren’t giving everything out on that pitch and that’s a problem.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
I resent these all or nothing arguments, either you are a delusional fan or a sensible, long-term fan. We all know what kind of club we are. The real argument is much smaller scale than these all or nothing’s - should the club have provided RDZ with a few more prem-ready players to forestall this current awful run. I think they should have, and any response that says they would have imperilled the finances of the club is being utterly hyperbolic, in my view
Like most things in life, unless you are in the know, you ain't getting the full story. So are you accusing the club of deliberately denying RDZ prem-ready players with 100% concrete knowledge that this was the case or did the club try to move heaven and earth to accommodate this within the constraints of the club's strategy/finances/structure and they weren't successful? Accusing of being hyperbolic is fine if you know the full inside story - is that the case?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This is true but the club are only going to spend money on the right player(s). If they are not available for whatever reason then the club will wait. The question is how far the club can/will change their parameters to be a bit more flexible in this approach.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some Brighton are a bit melty we lost at Liverpool and it’s well what do expect Palace win there. Currently Forest are giving City a game not rolling over having their tummies tickled. The trouble with all the tippy tappy football is it’s not aggressive enough. Our players aren’t giving everything out on that pitch and that’s a problem.
So the bigger question there is with Forest looking decent enough in a spell once behind, and given how expensively their squad was to put together, that they’ve only managed 30 points before the deduction?

Hardly the best comparison in the world.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So the bigger question there is with Forest looking decent enough in a spell once behind, and given how expensively their squad was to put together, that they’ve only managed 30 points before the deduction?

Hardly the best comparison in the world.
Wood being Wood fluffed a relatively easy hatrick we didn’t come close to scoring against them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wood being Wood fluffed a relatively easy hatrick we didn’t come close to scoring against them.
They lost 2 nil against a City side looking like it didn’t feel it needed to get out of the 2nd gear it finished Thursday in.

Managers surf the wave of players finding confidence and form. 6 weeks ago Everton were on a dreadful run looking doomed. Now he’s being touted for top jobs on football phone-ins.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022

Exactly. In the January window, Palace bought Wharton for £18 m and Villa got Rogers for £8 m, both are already making an impact. We appeared to wait til the end of the window to offer £20 m KDH, who Leicester valued at double that (and needed time to replace) and tried to get Bryan Gil on loan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here