Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arda Güler

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
It seems that his Dad wants another €18m on top of the fee as commission.

If this is the case, we can rule out this transfer straight away. Newcastle and Arsenal are allegedly interested, but he won’t be playing Premier League football with us if these rumours are correct.

Well, if we were ever in discussions I think that will have killed it stone dead. I suspect the response to Mr Guler (senior) might have been the equivalent of two words, of which the second was "off".

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well, if we were ever in discussions I think that will have killed it stone dead. I suspect the response to Mr Guler (senior) might have been the equivalent of two words, of which the second was "off".

Maybe, maybe not.

A certain Caicedo was also apparently a convoluted situation too hard for other clubs to deal with yet we got that one done.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It seems that his Dad wants another €18m on top of the fee as commission.

If this is the case, we can rule out this transfer straight away. Newcastle and Arsenal are allegedly interested, but he won’t be playing Premier League football with us if these rumours are correct.

I've seen reports that his agent has denied that Guler's dad ever demanded this.

If it's a toss up between Mohammed Kudus and Arda Guler, it's a no-brainer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've seen reports that his agent has denied that Guler's dad ever demanded this.

Fingers crossed.

I don’t think it’s either/or Güler and Kudus though. The latter is 4.5 years older than the former. We’ll take both if we can.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Fingers crossed.

I don’t think it’s either/or Güler and Kudus though. The latter is 4.5 years older than the former. We’ll take both if we can.

I very much doubt that. We're not going to spaff £50m on our right wing. It's either or, but probably neither.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Fingers crossed.

I’m not sure I agree - we already have plenty of attacking midfielders, I’m not sure we’d be splurging so much money on another two.

I think Kudus is the more likely, but Güler would be my preference.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Kudus Is why more likely to contribute over the next season or two. Both are unlikely but this feels likes total bs to me. Real and Barca are very interested supposedly. Say what you want about pathways etc but nobody is turning down Real Madrid/Barca for 10 Brighton first team appearances..

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016

CORRECTION

The report was from a Journalist who covers Fenerbahce. Though he did deny the family demanded an additional fee.

But, much like Alexis, Arda Guler's dad is his agent and agents fees are added after the transfer fee, as a commission. But this will probably be a lot less than €20m.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

I don't know anything about either player.
From your statement above, which of the two players is the one you so strongly favour and why?

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
I don't know anything about either player.
From your statement above, which of the two players is the one you so strongly favour and why?

They are both very good footballers, who, like Solly are left footers who often play on the right wing.

Kudus is less cultured than Guler. I've only seen him in the World Cup, where he looked good and in Champions league highlights, so not a huge sample size, but he looks raw for £30m.

He reminds me a bit of Early Enciso, shoots wildly when he should pass and has an annoying habit of holding onto the ball too long before running into trouble. Nothing that couldn't be coached out of him and at 22 he is a hard worker who has scope for development. I'm sure he would be a decent signing.

Arda Guler is only 18 and again I've only seen him live once on the TV, as a sub versus Wales and some limited highlights online, so less than Kudus, but he has that star quality.

He is the sort of player who gets you out of your seat. He reminds me of Samir Nasri, has all the tricks and is so confident for an 18 year old.

When he came on as a sub against Wales the Turkish crowd went nuts and he ran the game, and then scored a worldie. It was very similar to Knockaert's screamer v Palace.

Both have the potential to be an upgrade on Solly, and I just hope we get either. but, as a season ticket holder, I'd far rather watch Guler every week. He could be very special.

Even Fab agrees,

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Guler will only join a team with guaranteed first team (squad) football. He's regarded as a generational talent in Turkey.

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They are both very good footballers, who, like Solly are left footers who often play on the right wing.

Kudus is less cultured than Guler. I've only seen him in the World Cup, where he looked good and in Champions league highlights, so not a huge sample size, but he looks raw for £30m.

He reminds me a bit of Early Enciso, shoots wildly when he should pass and has an annoying habit of holding onto the ball too long before running into trouble. Nothing that couldn't be coached out of him and at 22 he is a hard worker who has scope for development. I'm sure he would be a decent signing.

Arda Guler is only 18 and again I've only seen him live once on the TV, as a sub versus Wales and some limited highlights online, so less than Kudus, but he has that star quality.

He is the sort of player who gets you out of your seat. He reminds me of Samir Nasri, has all the tricks and is so confident for an 18 year old.

When he came on as a sub against Wales the Turkish crowd went nuts and he ran the game, and then scored a worldie. It was very similar to Knockaert's screamer v Palace.

Both have the potential to be an upgrade on Solly, and I just hope we get either. but, as a season ticket holder, I'd far rather watch Guler every week. He could be very special.

Even Fab agrees,

My understanding is both are likely to end up as CMs. Guler more as a 10 and Kudus as an 8. Neither are wingers in the classic sense.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Make no mistake about it though, signing either of these two (personally think 0 chance with Guler) would put us at Dortmund levels in terms of a club with worldwide reputation for not only developing unheard of youngsters but also signing THE very best young players in world football. Huge, huge statement if either happens

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I’m not sure I agree - we already have plenty of attacking midfielders, I’m not sure we’d be splurging so much money on another two.

I think Kudus is the more likely, but Güler would be my preference.
RDZ's formation next season might be 2-7-1

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So the dad may be asking for a ridiculous bonus, but there's a release clause.

So surely the question is how much is the player worth? If he's worth more than the release clause and the bonus, we just pay, who cares where the money is going?

It would be nice to think we don't give money to unscrupulous hangers on. But we do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here