Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Archer and Bellotti both died in freak accidents recently......Time for a street party?

Will you be celebrating the death of the evil ones?

• Yes

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 67.3%

• Total voters

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
No wait a minute November the 5th, isn't that the celebration of a mans death as well?

Good lord, yes, you're right. I just think of it as that time of year when my girlfriend hides behind the bed because of all the loud noises outside.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Re: Archer and Bellotti both died in freak accidents recently.....Time for a street party?

No wait a minute November the 5th, isn't that the celebration of a mans death as well?

Which man exactly? Guy Fawkes (assuming you mean him) failed in the gunpowder plot on the 5th of November but wasn't executed until late January. It's his failure that's celebrated, not his execution.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh do get off your high horse!

The whole country celebrated the death of Hitler in the 40's.

Well we were at war with him at the time, and he had tried to invade our country and bomb our towns.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, the indignity of some posters here about how it's pathetic that people would celebrate a person's death has intrigued me
Some would think celebrating the death of a mass murderer is wrong, others are happy to celebrate the death of a celebrity they don't like.

What doesn't make sense to me about celebrating a prime ministers death, is that they said what they thought would be good for this country, most people agreed and voted them in, and then they did it. If you didn't vote for them and hated what they did, surely you can appreciate they were doing what most people wanted them to do? That's how a democracy works. To then celebrate their death makes you a ****.

Archer and Bellotti however, did not do what they thought was right. They stole from our club for their own selfish reasons.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I wouldn't wish death on anyone except Terrorists, Child Killers and Rapists !! And probably the Westboro, Baptist Nutters.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A 2 minute bounce around in the stands would be sufficient.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Dancing on both their graves without hesitation.....scum.

Dandyman

In London village.
I voted no. However, it is a stupid pole, because those two never did any good for any of us. To suggest it is a comparitor with the death of Mrs Thatcher is frankly pathetic, becuase she actually did a lot of good for the country, even if an individual's view is that the bad things outway the good.

Illiterate as well as moronic.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Celebrating (or being happy to hear of) the death of someone who is actively causing hatred at the time is understandable. Be it a dictator, active terrorist, etc etc.

But I just don't get the logic of celebrating the passing of someone who stopped having any form of influence a long time ago.

So no, It wouldn't even bother me that they died, let alone have me celebrate.

I wonder if the families of Falklands War victims would feel that she stopped having an influence on their lives long ago?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Some would think celebrating the death of a mass murderer is wrong, others are happy to celebrate the death of a celebrity they don't like.

What doesn't make sense to me about celebrating a prime ministers death, is that they said what they thought would be good for this country, most people agreed and voted them in, and then they did it. If you didn't vote for them and hated what they did, surely you can appreciate they were doing what most people wanted them to do? That's how a democracy works. To then celebrate their death makes you a ****.

Archer and Bellotti however, did not do what they thought was right. They stole from our club for their own selfish reasons.

She certainly wasn't doing what MOST people wanted.
Elections in this country just don't work like that.
Especially so when she changed all the electoral boundaries to make it extremely difficult to lose elections two and three.
Crooked bitch.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They basically do. You can't get everyone their first choice, because often no one is everyone's first choice. But you get someone that most people would prefer to have than the next popular option. Anyway that's splitting hairs. She was voted in and did what she said she'd do.
Especially so when she changed all the electoral boundaries to make it extremely difficult to lose elections two and three.
Crooked bitch.
Every government does that - shouldn't be allowed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Worth glorifying for sure. Few songs off the back of it but that would be it for me. As bad as they were, lets be honest they didn't wreck lives to the same levels Th**tcher did.

That said , if some want to have a party , then im not going to wet my knickers about it

Spot on. I will be quite happy about it, but I won't dance in the street like I did on Monday. They only hurt Brighton fans, after all.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So Archer and Belloti both died in freak accidents at the same time. Well I think I know who killed them .

It was Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhh. ..............................

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Crooked bitch.
Seem to remember Blair changing electoral boundries too...or is it different rules for them ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here