Arcade Fire - Reflektor

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw Devo play this live before Win Butler was born....

*old*

Ha ha. Quite refreshing when young bands are inspired by such bands though. I must admit to only knowing one Devo song myself. The cover slot in their show has featured The Clash and The Ramones as well on this short tour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, I am playing The Suburbs for the first time in about a year. They were definitely laying the foundations for Reflektor with this album; it's interesting to hear how their sounds has slowly evolved.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Tickets on sale next Thursday. I'm going to try harder than anything I've ever done ever to get a ticket. It's going to be hard though. :(

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Tickets on sale next Thursday. I'm going to try harder than anything I've ever done ever to get a ticket. It's going to be hard though. :(

I would imagine that if (when) tickets prove to be incredibly popular they will announce a second date, a bit like Arctic Monkeys did at the same venue.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I would imagine that if (when) tickets prove to be incredibly popular they will announce a second date, a bit like Arctic Monkeys did at the same venue.

I will be seriously pissed off if that's the only date and I don't get tickets - surely they will add some regional arena shows as they have on previous tours.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will be seriously pissed off if that's the only date and I don't get tickets - surely they will add some regional arena shows as they have on previous tours.

If you are prepared and ready the moment they go on sale you should be okay. Also, keep an eye on this thread for a pre-sale link. If I find one I'll post it here and I am sure others will.

They have announced the arena shows will also be 'formal attire and costume' so I look forward to meeting you all in your finest livery.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
ALL over this.

On a side note, saw Sigur Ros (3rd time now) at the Brighton Centre last night, and forgot just what an incredible audio/visual spectacle they are. Well worth seeing live.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ALL over this.

On a side note, saw Sigur Ros (3rd time now) at the Brighton Centre last night, and forgot just what an incredible audio/visual spectacle they are. Well worth seeing live.

I will be hugely disappointed it you don't turn up as Ziggy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thin White Duke all the way. Except I'm not "thin". I am white though...hmm...

I could quite easily go as James Murphy. I'm similar build and hairiness level.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This gig could be The NSC Grand Ball.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I really like 'crap' fancy dress. The idea of a Thin White Duke who is not thin does appeal.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I've still got two unused pre-sale options from having bought the album through their website. Still waiting for them to come anywhere near me at a time when I'm available (The Reflektors came to Brussels, but I was otherwise engaged).

Looking at their North American Schedule they're going to be playing most European dates in June/July next year, which could be a right bugger as I already know how busy I'm going to be then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Could I pay you to go in an England shirt?

Nylon doesn't suit me, and it will chafe my sensitive skin. I was happy with my tuxedo and wonky Bowie stripe from last Tuesday. I will probably venture down this route again. Or maybe some Bavarian formal attire?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If you are prepared and ready the moment they go on sale you should be okay. Also, keep an eye on this thread for a pre-sale link. If I find one I'll post it here and I am sure others will.

They have announced the arena shows will also be 'formal attire and costume' so I look forward to meeting you all in your finest livery.

Please text me if you hear about any pre-sale - I missed Arctic Monkeys pre-sale for Finsbury Park today as I can't get the time to check NSC or Facebook during the day.

Cheers HT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports