Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] April games moved (Man City A) - Spurs A - Southampton H

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can see why people get pissed off with all these changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially when it’s announced 22 days after the date the EPL give on their website. Yes, I know it’s only a guide, but over 3 weeks later is a piss take and makes the date meaningless.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
If I was fronting up that much cash for the broadcast rights, I'd want a free rein too.

Probably me too. However it still doesn't feel good to be at the bottom of the football tree as a fan and being shat on by everyone above :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Indeed. Clearly enough people are prepared to be treated like shit so well done to the PL. Keep milking it.

Enough of those who renew also understand the PL decide when games are and know that dates/times will change.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd forgotten we're yet to play Spurs in the league - is it some kind of record? Waiting until March to play one of the teams in the league?

Everton don't play Leicester until 20 April. I'm pretty sure that must be some kind of record (they play the return fixture on 7 May)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Surprised these fixtures have even been announced. April 16/17 is FA Cup semi finals and so 3 of the Sky games could go. Wont effect us but watch for the Southampton v Arsenal game to be moved and even Man Utd v Norwich if Sky lose all three games. Note how Sky have 3 games on Sunday expecting something to give. In fact wouldn't it have been better for Sky to announce Saints V Arsenal OR Wolves V Man City as one wont be played?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I thought Wolves away supporters are located down one side of the pitch in the lower tier. Seems to be upper and lower in one corner

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I thought Wolves away supporters are located down one side of the pitch in the lower tier. Seems to be upper and lower in one corner

We must’ve taken a smaller allocation. I prefer the upper corner section as trying to get any atmosphere going when the away end is spread all down the side is almost impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

We were in the corner last time we went there…. Last game before Covid shutdown I think.

Previous few times we were down the side

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Winners; players, managers, ‘executives,’ tv companies and assorted other hangers on.
Losers; fans.

Exactly.

But i have never understood the answer you get from our club (and others) that the schedule is dictated by the tv companies. It is, but I can't understand why the clubs and the EPL allow it to be like that.

Every time the rights come up there is a bidding war. Everybody wants the rights to the EPL. When you have such competition for the rights it becomes a sellers market. The EPL can then set the terms for granting the rights and could, if it wished, include a clause restricting the number of changes to the schedule that can be made once the season has started.

It is the EPL clubs not the tv companies that have the power. They should use it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Exactly.

But i have never understood the answer you get from our club (and others) that the schedule is dictated by the tv companies. It is, but I can't understand why the clubs and the EPL allow it to be like that.

Every time the rights come up there is a bidding war. Everybody wants the rights to the EPL. When you have such competition for the rights it becomes a sellers market. The EPL can then set the terms for granting the rights and could, if it wished, include a clause restricting the number of changes to the schedule that can be made once the season has started.

It is the EPL clubs not the tv companies that have the power. They should use it.

The EPL offer up ‘lots’ of games. So they they decide to offer up 180 games a season or whatever. Sure they could reduce, but how many chairman are going to agree to the risk of decline in revenue (actually the last rights deal stayed the same)

I can’t see 14/20 clubs agreeing to reduce amount games on tv and reduction in tv money - especially when even our own club is losing £67M In our last set of accounts

And actually for tv money it benefits the smaller clubs - because they have smaller stadiums, less opportunity for big sponsorship deals. So take that out and the gap gets even bigger

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

All depends on how many tickets we take, last time (final pre covid game) we where in the corner, high up and was bloody freezing

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
True, although we know what we might be signing up for when we purchase our season tickets!

Don't know if it's me, but it seems to be worse now than before Covid. Or maybe I'm just more aware of it, but I don't remember so few 3pm Sat KOs at home.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It seems the trains from Littlehampton, Worthing to Brighton are being replaced by buses on April 24th.
That’s helpful for both home and away fans (customers) [emoji2959]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here