Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apprentice 2013 - Official Thread

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
So you don't have a TV, therefore don't pay a licence and are offended that licence payers money is being wasted.

I would ask you, please do not be offended on my behalf because I am not.

i'm not offended....i find it utterly amusing....the whole thing........even more funny is that it gets millions of viewers who watch it seriously......it's like big brother in suits.

seriously - do you not find it funny - cupcakes or botox.....after weeks and 1000's of applicants.....it's unbelievable......someone high up must be laughing very loud....probably an inside joke calling the viewers fat and ugly or something....it can't be real.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
yep, while Europe is in recession, food banks are starting up, austerity tightens its grip......lets create a luxury events business for people who wear Tag watches and have private jets. Miles was not a quick thinker.......looks the part, good in a team, easy to get on with........but skulls on food?

You are right about the recession, but as ever, the rich are largely remaining rich, and in many cases becoming richer still. I seem to recall reading recently that companies selling high end products are doing pretty well at the moment. I think (for example) the car branch of Rolls Royce reported record sales last financial year. A lot of their products go to the Arabs and Chinese, but nonetheless, there are undoubtedly enough filthy rich types around to make the sort of product Myles was looking to promote viable.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Maybe. Would it lose anything if it introduced that little piece of integrity, do you think?

They kept Jordan in just to DESTROY him. Like they did with Stuart Baggs 'the brand' a few years ago.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
even more funny is that it gets millions of viewers who watch it seriously......it's like big brother in suits.

seriously - do you not find it funny - cupcakes or botox.....after weeks and 1000's of applicants.....it's unbelievable......someone high up must be laughing very loud....probably an inside joke calling the viewers fat and ugly or something....it can't be real.

I'm with you actually. The Apprentice is a television show for entertainment purposes, first and foremost. It's no more "genuine" than The X Factor. I still enjoy it, but I don't take it seriously whatsoever.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It'd been bothering me until last bight who Luisa reminded me off. Then it hit me!

Luisa
AD20120818570599-COBHAM,_ENGLAND.jpg

Di Matteo
Apprenticefarm3.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm with you actually. The Apprentice is a television show for entertainment purposes, first and foremost. It's no more "genuine" than The X Factor. I still enjoy it, but I don't take it seriously whatsoever.

It does teach you what not to do, and it does reflect the BS that people give out to try and impress others in real life.

I have to feel sorry for Sugar in this series though, he was left with a deluded Neil Clough, the unskilled Jordon, Zumba Francesca, and the two finalists Cupcake Luisa and Leah the Queeen of Botox.

Will we be seeing an unwrinkled and younger looking Lord Sugar in the next series?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
yep, while Europe is in recession, food banks are starting up, austerity tightens its grip......lets create a luxury events business for people who wear Tag watches and have private jets. Miles was not a quick thinker.......looks the part, good in a team, easy to get on with........but skulls on food?

I don't know what planet you live on, but the super-rich are still very much with us and demanding luxury /top end goods and services. Myles is very good at doing that stuff. Skulls on food? Not brilliant, but then ultimately it's not about that, it's about the business plan being credible, the person behind it being credible and having some sort of track record.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry is making cupcakes. It's all a bit of a Jubilee / Olympics hangover and hasdn't got much longer to run. Sooner or later people will get sick of them / it. As for botox, is this REALLY why Alan Sugar is still in business?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Will we be seeing an unwrinkled and younger looking Lord Sugar in the next series?

Unwrinkled almost certainly, either by the botox or the cupcakes he's consumed. And having to partner up with one of those two birds, he'll probably have the wrist strength of a 25 year-old too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I find the lack of basic common sense of some of the participants frightening but alas very close to where I work with younger people.

Great entertainment though and the best ever highlight was Lee and the dinosaur impression on the interviewing episode - legendary

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a great show but it's been ruined by the changing of the prize from a job to an investment. If the prize was a job, Neil Clough would have walked it. In fact, they may as well have not shown the last four or five weeks, as it would have been such a foregone conclusion. But the fact they're playing for an investment means you may as well scrap every task and just go straight to the interviews and presentation of the business plan stage. The previous 12 weeks have absolutely no relevance to the outcome. It's almost like two shows - the old Apprentice and a new investment programme - have been shoehorned into one. What is the point of candidates trying to shine in the tasks, when it has absolutely no bearing on how likely they are to win? It's nonsense.

That

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done Leah, deserved winner

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Well done Leah, deserved winner

Rubbish. She's 24 which means she is no better than a year or two put on medical school - no business experience, no medical experience. What a joke. Sugar has obviously got some actual plastic surgeons and business insiders to run the clinics.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Luisa has bigger titties but I reckon Leah has a tighter snatch so fair result really.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here