Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apprentice 2013 - Official Thread

I'll agree that the first half of Neil's idea might have worked. But there is something fundamentally wrong when probably the best candidate gets booted out so late in the proceedings because his business plan disappoints. And as for that cock who didn't even own the firm he wanted SAS to invest in, that is a laughable situation.

Why don't they VET these people and their business plans before the show starts? It should only include people with interesting business plans that Sugar would be interested in, otherwise what is the point?

To be fair, I think what they wanted from Neil was for him to change the plan, he was IMO the best of the lot and I think Sugar wanted him to admit the flaw but as he stuck to his guns it showed a huge failing in him.

As for the idiot with the Rubiks cube, being called a parasite and thrown out of the interview then being told by Sugar straight away he's fired was priceless.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair, I think what they wanted from Neil was for him to change the plan, he was IMO the best of the lot and I think Sugar wanted him to admit the flaw but as he stuck to his guns it showed a huge failing in him.

As for the idiot with the Rubiks cube, being called a parasite and thrown out of the interview then being told by Sugar straight away he's fired was priceless.
I have to agree with all of that.

Although I'm sure that on a past show I remember some woman desperately changing their business plan last minute, and Sugar made it sound like that person was therefore cluelessly flailing around and fired them for it. However, as I say I completely agree with you - Sugar was looking for Neil to hold out an olive branch. Something like "I can now see that the second part of this business plan is not going to work, so I'm prepared to change that. I still think the first part could work".

Anything like that would have been held up as "thinking on his feet, being flexible etc" and he'd have walked into the final. How on earth Louiza has made the final, I really have absolutely no idea. She is very ordinary herself and has spent the entire process bitching and sniping. But I think she's going to win because her uninspiring but solid business plan is less risky than Leah's.

But as has been said before, it's botox or cup cakes, between two women with the most annoying voices in the process. I may well not bother watching the final.

Although I'm sure that on a past show I remember some woman desperately changing their business plan last minute, and Sugar made it sound like that person was therefore cluelessly flailing around and fired them for it. However, as I say I completely agree with you - Sugar was looking for Neil to hold out an olive branch. Something like "I can now see that the second part of this business plan is not going to work, so I'm prepared to change that. I still think the first part could work".

Anything like that would have been held up as "thinking on his feet, being flexible etc" and he'd have walked into the final. How on earth Louiza has made the final, I really have absolutely no idea. She is very ordinary herself and has spent the entire process bitching and sniping. But I think she's going to win because her uninspiring but solid business plan is less risky than Leah's.

But as has been said before, it's botox or cup cakes, between two women with the most annoying voices in the process. I may well not bother watching the final.

I'm sure Sugar will go for the cup cakes, the plan is almost faultless. She has seen a huge gap in the supply chain to the consumers and retailers as the Industry is, or at least seems to be, run along the lines of a quaint cottage industry.

The Botox is way to much of a risk, how often have you read in the papers about a cake tin disfiguring a womans face, publicity like that is not what someone like Sugar wants or needs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Luisa has gotten by far the most solid business record of any of the candidates. She's gotten 3 companies up and running well and is comfortably the safest bet out of anyone in the entire process. She was always making the final, Neil is the shock loss.

I think his logic was that part A would work SO well that he'd have a monopoly on the market and therefore Estate Agents would HAVE to join his site just to "keep up". As you say, he should've just shown a bit of a willingness to be flexible.

Re: Why don't they check the business plans, they probably DID know about Jordan's situation but kept it going for entertainment value. The amount this show makes is FAR more than the £250,000 SAS spends on the fledgling business. It is an entertainment show first and foremost, why else do you think the likes of Jason and Jazz get into the initial 16?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure Sugar will go for the cup cakes, the plan is almost faultless. She has seen a huge gap in the supply chain to the consumers and retailers as the Industry is, or at least seems to be, run along the lines of a quaint cottage industry.

The Botox is way to much of a risk, how often have you read in the papers about a cake tin disfiguring a womans face, publicity like that is not what someone like Sugar wants or needs.

Agreed, also Leah really wasn't getting SAS's point. If a business like hers went national, it would receive a LOT of negative press as it would be seen mostly as a cheap, easy way for people who really DON'T need plastic surgery, and the worrying idea that we'd start to see people getting into plastic surgery at a really young age, as it became more accessible and affordable.

Leah said she'd turn people away - WHO would she turn away? Bollocks would she.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lulz. Superb. We now know the winner. :lolol:

I don't think so - both those businesses have been operating for several years, hence my question.

Sugar said something last night about her having multiple businesses already didn't he?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think so - both those businesses have been operating for several years, hence my question.

Sugar said something last night about her having multiple businesses already didn't he?

Something to do with a gap in the supply chain for baking goods wholesalers. Basically she's looking at moving vertical. They were all crowing about it but it seemed woolly as hell to me.

But then this is the Apprentice and I got about 30 seconds of the story. And I was tearing into a packet of custard creams at the time so may not have been concentrating fully.

Best bit was definitely Claude tearing into the annoying smug little one.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Agreed, also Leah really wasn't getting SAS's point. If a business like hers went national, it would receive a LOT of negative press as it would be seen mostly as a cheap, easy way for people who really DON'T need plastic surgery, and the worrying idea that we'd start to see people getting into plastic surgery at a really young age, as it became more accessible and affordable.

Leah said she'd turn people away - WHO would she turn away? Bollocks would she.

Yep, it was funny when she was being interviewed and she was asked what services she thinks his face needed, and she suggested 30 facial botox injections and about four facial fillers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep, it was funny when she was being interviewed and she was asked what services she thinks his face needed, and she suggested 30 facial botox injections and about four facial fillers.

I couldn't believe she actually ANSWERED that question straight. These people have literally no self awareness.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Sugar has come out of this series looking like a buffoon:

Luisa: Internet tit whore. Cupcakes. Prima Donna. Marital breakdown. Affair with Jordan whilst on show whilst married. Existing business with ex-husband according to website. Almost certain to grab any bit of publicity to come her way, i.e Nuts, IACGMOOH etc.

Leah: No business experience. Cold. Unintelligible. Incredibly unethical and risky product.

Jordan: Project was a non-starter.

Neil: SAS practically cried as he sacked him.

Myles: Established international businessman with a plan, yet let go.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
very sad state of affairs.

a multi millionaire businessman is looking to invest in a young up and coming business person with a new plan..........after weeks and millions invested in the programme (by license payers) he wittles it down......to...........a f00king cup cake business.

he should be ashamed........everyone should be ashamed.

the whole idea for a rich dude to invest in some AMAZING INCREDIBLE idea (and credible and safe business) that will help society and humanity.

cup-cakes.....pffff........or f00king change your face as you feel crap about yourself.

sums up much of the UK.........that nobody even questions it.

very sad state of affairs.

a multi millionaire businessman is looking to invest in a young up and coming business person with a new plan..........after weeks and millions invested in the programme (by license payers) he wittles it down......to...........a f00king cup cake business.

he should be ashamed........everyone should be ashamed.

the whole idea for a rich dude to invest in some AMAZING INCREDIBLE idea (and credible and safe business) that will help society and humanity.

cup-cakes.....pffff........or f00king change your face as you feel crap about yourself.

sums up much of the UK.........that nobody even questions it.

You could always turn over and watch something else if it bothers you that much.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Myles: Established international businessman with a plan, yet let go.

yep, while Europe is in recession, food banks are starting up, austerity tightens its grip......lets create a luxury events business for people who wear Tag watches and have private jets. Miles was not a quick thinker.......looks the part, good in a team, easy to get on with........but skulls on food?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Maybe. Would it lose anything if it introduced that little piece of integrity, do you think?

To a lot of people , yes. They thrive on drama.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
You could always turn over and watch something else if it bothers you that much.

its my comedy :) its so toxic and cringy i find it completely humerous.....ala dragons den.

the 'backstabbbing liers who want to give up all their lives to work hard all their lives for cash' are pumped to be looked at as successful and something to be admired ......lol....you couldn't make it up....i'ts histerical.

i dont have a TV - i download it....so i can't turn over.

its my comedy :) its so toxic and cringy i find it completely humerous.....ala dragons den.

the 'backstabbbing liers who want to give up all their lives to work hard all their lives for cash' are pumped to be looked at as successful and something to be admired ......lol....you couldn't make it up....i'ts histerical.

i dont have a TV - i download it....so i can't turn over.

So you don't have a TV, therefore don't pay a licence and are offended that licence payers money is being wasted.

I would ask you, please do not be offended on my behalf because I am not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here