Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Apple vision pro

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Anyone buying this gadget?

Certainly looks interesting. Will wait for the 2nd version probably. But im in the states next week and keen to try it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
No

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Come back to me when it is in contact lens form. Until then it's not going to catch on properly.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Clearly you look like a complete TWAT going round in public with this on. But I bet you in 2 years it's the norm.

In any case I'm interested in the use of this at home as much as outside it.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Id love one, will have to see how work plans out this year to maybe get one

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
It's cool and all... from the comfort of your own private home... but on public transport, it's pretty dystopian. Peoples incessant addiction to their phones is bad enough already.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Among all the serious reviews from MKBHD and the like, I thought Casey Neistat's hands-on stood out.

He's clearly intending to look ridiculous being out and about in NYC with it on but his summary in the last minute or two, where he forecasts where this is heading, is interesting.

Everything in my house is Apple - I carry a MacBook Pro almost everywhere with me - and the way the Vision Pro integrates with a physical Mac, creating virtual desktops looks both interesting and seriously clever, but I have zero interest in it right now. It's going to take quite a few iterations and price drops before I'm going to be a potential buyer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As a friend of mine said the other day, I suspect these early models will look so bulky and ridiculous in about 10 years time, as they get smaller and smaller and more subtle.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Whatever happened to Google Glasses?

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
I think they pulled the plug on them years ago.

It still looks so much like the future. Until they get the price down and make it some kind of Black Mirror style lens, I can’t see it taking off mainstream.

When does this become the norm though? 5, 10, 20+ years away?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Anyone buying this gadget?

Certainly looks interesting. Will wait for the 2nd version probably. But im in the states next week and keen to try it.

You need to remain vigilant on public transport. Anything that isolates you from what is going on around you, makes you vulnerable.

See ! Someone has nicked his keyboard and he hasn't even noticed yet.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What's the point of it? As in, what does it actually do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here