Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Apple - the world's first trillion dollar company

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Pro: My 2009 iMac still works perfectly
Con: Apple won’t let me install any new versions of their software, rendering them obsolete to the point where it could open them, but won’t.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Bit hacked off with them at the moment. Wife is an Apple fan girl with a Big Mac, laptop etc. The graphics card has gone in the Big Mac which cost £1700 6 years ago. They don’t make the graphics cards now and 2nd hand ones are rarer than rocking horse shit so even if we find one it will cost a fortune. Apparently their Macs are considered obsolete after 4 years so tough luck if anything goes wrong!

Hardly surprising they make so much profit

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Genuine question Bozza, not being a dick. Did you have to pay some sort of insurance to get such service or are you saying that any accidental damage to an iPhone means you can take it to an Apple shop and get a new one?

It's just that mates of mine who have iPhones don't seem to have had the same level of service that you experienced.

Others have told me of dodgy experiences with Apple customer service as well.

This is a company who deliberately slowed down older iPhones to get users to upgrade.

The repair market brings in good money for Apple's easily smashable screens (judging by the amount of broken screens I see). They try and sue independent screen repair shops for not using official Apple parts to fix screens.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Me thinks people who cannot afford iPhones are a teensy bit bitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here