Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple Music

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We switched from Spotify to Deezer as a Sonos purchase around Christmas came with 12 months free Deezer so, by switching, we'll have saved £120 this year.

Deeper works a lot nicer with Sonos, particularly for music discovery so as things stood, I couldn't see us going back to Spotify. Discovery is a very important part of these services, for me at least, to find new stuff and not get in a rut with the same stuff all the time,

Apple Music doesn't work with Sonos yet, but I'm trialling it on iPhone and Mac and it's nice enough. The curation does seem to have a more human nuance to it than I experienced with Spotify.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
You had 19,500 tracks on your phone? Do you use iTunes Match?

What does Apple Music mean for the future of iTunes Match? Do you think it will be discontinued? It does all Match does and more, or am I getting this all wrong?!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
iTunes Match makes all YOUR music available on any device. Stop using iTunes Match and you still have your music.
Apple Music is a way to also stream music NOT in your collection.
If you use Apple Music, that may negate the need for iTunes Match but not the other way round.
iTunes Match only costs £22 (or thereabouts) per year whereas Apple Music is £120 per year.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I'm also on the trial and I'm liking it so far. I do wonder though how much of a dent it will make for artists in sales through iTunes.

I'm on a really old £6.99 per month Spotify subscription (without mobile streaming) and if I listen to an album I like I normally then go and buy it through iTunes. Having all this music available all the time now makes buying an album seem a bit pointless.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Happened to me on first day Apple Music started. What a **** up. Another idea executed by morons. They are not getting any purchase money or payments from me until it's fixed

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
My issue with Spotify, is that it eats data, lots of it.
It's not a problem now, as I have switched to Talk Talk's £12 unlimited sim , but it was before.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Since updating to itunes 12.2 my library is a bit of a mess - half my "home videos" (films I've ripped from my dvds) are now showing as music, and it won't manually change them back. I've tried going back to an older library file, but that didn't help either.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Will be sticking with Spotify. Another case of wanting the apple logo on everything you own (written on my iPhone...)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Since updating to itunes 12.2 my library is a bit of a mess - half my "home videos" (films I've ripped from my dvds) are now showing as music, and it won't manually change them back. I've tried going back to an older library file, but that didn't help either.

I've got a very large collection of 'home videos' you're welcome to borrow.

They've been lovingly curated too into appropriate genres, including ******, **** ** *****, ******** and marrows.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bozza/El pres

Quick question. I can download to my music albums from apple music fine...they play etc. all good. I look in iTunes on my old iMac and the downloaded music is there...it shows as a cloud with an arrow on it suggesting it can be downloaded, but it won't. Ok...but also I have found that I click the album that is in iTunes and it won't play! It's fine on my iPhone and iPad, just not in iTunes. Is this right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here