Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple keynote from 5pm

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Except that's not what happens is it. Did you see how the markets absolutely shit themselves when 1st 1/4 iPhone sales were down year on year for the first time?

If even 50% of their customers were only replacing their product because it wasn't working properly any more then they'd be screwed.

Yeah they're a technology company but the cult sells more than the product these days. C'mon, FFS everyone knows this!

Staggering to think that you think everyone knows something, which clearly they don't, otherwise the firm, that it appears you don't like, wouldn't be one of the biggest and most successful companies in the world.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
In last years customer Driver Power (UK) survey Kia, Skoda, Hyundai, Renault, MG and Fiat, amongst others, all came above any Audi, Mercedes or BMW, I guess the car analogy does work a bit. Those brands are nothing like buying a cheap chinese knock offs, yet still people buy premium brands, in huge numbers, perhaps (assuming they can afford it) because people see the value rather than the price.
Customer reviews are great but some old dear giving her Kia Picanto five stars on a survey isn't going to persuade me to buy one.

And anyway, I already said Skoda were the same as VW, Seat and Audi so quoting them as being well reviewed is agreeing with me. #FFS [emoji8]

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Customer reviews are great but some old dear giving her Kia Picanto five stars on a survey isn't going to persuade me to buy one.

And anyway, I already said Skoda were the same as VW, Seat and Audi so quoting them as being well reviewed is agreeing with me. #FFS [emoji8]

Of course they're the same. Audi is always slated in the customer review surveys, yet sells more cars than the cheaper brands, the brands you say are 'the same', why is that?

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Always had an Android, currently an HTC One M8, which I love. However, am due an upgrade and for the first time the 5 SE has tempted me to think about an iPhone. Previously I always considered the top of the range Androids much better value for money and I do like the customisation of the Android universe. Decisions, decisions..........

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Staggering to think that you think everyone knows something, which clearly they don't, otherwise the firm, that it appears you don't like, wouldn't be one of the biggest and most successful companies in the world.
McDonald's and Nando's are massively successful companies but their food is f*cking shit.

I didn't realise I had to quantify "everyone" to mean "everyone I'm talking to on this thread".

Actually I give up, you've missed the point re car reviews as well and you think Apple stuff isn't more expensive despite the fact that it is. Even the biggest fanbois at least admit that!

Night. [emoji1]

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The great allure of the Apple product is that it still works long after the MS/Android (i.e. other stuff) has given up. My Macbook is now 8 years old and my MacAir is 5 years old and both are still tiptop. In the meantime all my kids have been through at least 3 PCs/Laptops each.

So the value product is the Apple product. 'Value' vs 'Cost'...what most accountants fail to understand or comprehend.....

TNBA

TTF

Out of interest, did you/your kids pay the same for their PCs as for the Apple bits and pieces? If not, isn't the 'Value' judgement slightly skewed?

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Oh, you poor trembling, dribbling fanatics - do you not realise that Apple have you completely pussy whipped!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Except Apple's business model is based entirely on people replacing their phone/tablet/laptop when they don't need to.

If their products were really so good that they lasted that much longer than their competitor's they'd be f*+ked because nobody would buy new ones.

Part of the reason they last so long is because they aren't actually doing much with them. We've got an old dell pc used just for internet and email, must be nearly 10 years old now, but works fine.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Except that's not what happens is it. Did you see how the markets absolutely shit themselves when 1st 1/4 iPhone sales were down year on year for the first time?

If even 50% of their customers were only replacing their product because it wasn't working properly any more then they'd be screwed.

Yeah they're a technology company but the cult sells more than the product these days. C'mon, FFS everyone knows this!

The Apple brand has always sold through its brand loyalty - its not 'these days', it's since Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak decided to create an affordable home computer. You seem as sucked in as those that renew their device every year - believing as much anti-hype as they believe in the hype.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's funny, and I'm not judging, but I love comments like this.

You think you're buying something better and the marketing means that enough people agree so that confirms your feeling that you're buying a superior product. When you're not.

We're all guilty of this but Apple have tapped into this part of the human psyche better than any company ever and conned the world.

I've got a Golf GTD. The equivalent Skoda Octavia VRS or Seat Leon (can't remember the version) that have the same engine would have been cheaper. Equivalent Audi A3 more expensive, same engine. I like Golfs.

However, if the Golf cost twice as much as the Leon, had half the storage space, wasn't allowed to be altered in any way unless I paid way more again and forced me to only buy "VW fuel" which cost a fortune and was exactly the same as normal fuel then I'd buy the bloody Seat and shake my head at anyone driving a Golf.

I hear what you're saying, and maybe subconsciously this does play a part. But, I work with computers all day; I have to use a Microsoft based PC which I find really clunky to use. And the one thing I love about Apple is they put as much effort into the design and human interaction/interface as they do the technology. This ease of use is a huge thing for me. The IPod classic is a perfect example, it's simplicity and ease of use is wonderful. I also love their after sale care; no matter where I am they'll look after me no questions asked.

These days I like my life to be as easy as possible...Apple play a part in this

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
McDonald's and Nando's are massively successful companies but their food is f*cking shit.

What Nandos do, they do quite well I think. I'll give you McDonalds though :smile:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I only use my iPad for reading papers and mags and imparting my knowledge and wisdom on NSC...guess the normal sized IPad Air 2 will do.

Getting back on topic...

The new iPad Pro, at 9.7", is the same size as the iPad Air 2. 9.7" has always been the size of the iPad.

The iPad Pro is, really, the new iPad and is the one I'd go for as it's upgraded pretty much in every way.

The 64gb iPad Air 2 is £429 - I'd be going for the 128gb iPad Pro 9.7" for £629.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There might be a rethink on the launch if the news from Brussels gets any worse. If the Apple Show does not get top billing world wide on the news it will be a right pisser for them.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I love the Apple PC's. At work I use Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro (with a Windows 10 bootcamp partition installed) and Mac Mini. My problem is with the phones. A 16GB iphone is about as useful as a back pocket in a sock. Constantly 'full' even though there's next to nothing on it. Hate the way you're locked into their paltry storage for big bucks. As for bloody iTunes! Don't get me started! A decent Android mobile with removable storage trumps any iPhone in my book. Drag and drop onto the SD card and pop it in the phone. Bloody marvellous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here