Applauding the attendance announcement

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Nothing wrong with showing a bit of respect. Good following from Forest made for a good 2nd half atmosphere.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
you have to admire away support, they get out and support their club where they need it most. Equally, when I go to away games, I applaud the home fans, i did as saints especially, because the roar of their fans was bloody brilliant, it has to be said.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i agree with ... if you dont want to applaud dont ...
and please dont tell others they shouldnt do something to create a welcoming atmosphere at The Amex
clapping ...
that is surely their prorogative, prerogative, progrative or whatever the f.....ing word is

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I don't see what's wrong with it. It shows a bit of CLASS.

I couldn't give two hoots if no one else does it.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
At Sunderland we used to clap the attendance (even though the whole not broken into away etc was shown) when it was decent, which every game this year has been so far!

sean_o

Dec 28, 2007
Stockport
Yes let's stop looking like f***ing pansies. Get a.grip let's stop trying to be everyone's mates. Look at the shit we get chucked at us at away games. Stop the applauding then we won't be forced to cringe in our seats.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I go to watch and support my team and not to belittle others or thump my chest whilst dragging my knuckles.
I don't give a shit if some think good manners and a bit of bon-hommie is wet.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Yes let's stop looking like f***ing pansies. Get a.grip let's stop trying to be everyone's mates. Look at the shit we get chucked at us at away games. Stop the applauding then we won't be forced to cringe in our seats.

I like to recognise the away fans with a hearty round of applause, often I stand for this occasion. However now you have explained how it emasculates me I will resist the urge to express myself in the future.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It shows we are unique & have a bit of class about us.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
What the hell's that all about? And especially the sycophantic applauding of the away attendance. Lots of away fans have come down on a saturday afternoon to visit a new stadium - SO WHAT?

Oh FFS - is that really all you've got to moan about! Jee-zus!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'd like to add that the actual amount they bring is irrelevant, as I'm clapping those that have come, not those that haven't. If there were only two forest fans there today, I still would've clapped them.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd lack to add that the actual amount they bring is irrelevant, as I'm clapping those that have come, not those that haven't. If there were only two forest fans there today, I still would've clapped them.

Seen from those 2 Forest fans perspective it would be nice to know how many of them made the trip-especially if it's foggy :shrug:

Uridium

May 30, 2011
"Stand up if you hate Palace" is embarrassing and unnecessary

Applauding fellow football fans who love their team as much as we love ours is not. It's a collective tip of the hat to why we've all journeyed out on a Saturday afternoon to watch some blokes boot a ball around.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
personally i think its very Andy Pandy ,its on the same level cringe factor as when The North applauds The East or West for joining in the we`re the (insert stand here) stand chant.how patronizing is that?I only remember hearing applause at away grounds for the attendance maybe once or twice when visiting a tinpot club and they were quite surprised about how many have turned up.

I blame Diana!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Maybe if fans were made more welcome at away grounds then more would travel.I'm sure this only applys to certain teams.

If we can make the Amex a ground that away fans want to visit surely that is a good thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports