Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Appeal for Littlehampton FA Vase Final match to be shown at Amex ahead of West Ham match

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've got no problem with fans choosing their local non league over the Albion for such a huge event as this. Their choice, innit. Paul "Wisey" Wise, the Seaford manager, is a season ticket holder at the Albion for example

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Good points…..and if someone is really keen on Littlehampton then it’s a no brainer over what match to choose….re the thread starter perhaps he could promote some sort of arrangement where it’s cost effective for the club to do what he’s suggesting …for me I’m not that interested, but will probably search for the match report and wish them well

I definitely wouldn’t want to get to the Amex that early to watch the Littlehampton match, I probably wouldn’t watch it in a pub to be honest…..I will watch MOTD :lolol:
I will be watching them the weekend before when Newhaven play them in another cup final at Horsham.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've got no problem with fans choosing their local non league over the Albion for such a huge event as this. Their choice, innit. Paul "Wisey" Wise, the Seaford manager, is a season ticket holder at the Albion for example

He won’t have to worry about missing any more Albion games this season :whistle:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
So, apparently, despite having held a season ticket for 30+years, watching them play at 80+ grounds in over 1,500 matches, Brighton are no longer my team because I want to watch my home town club play at Wembley in a once-in-a-lifetime match ???

Should def go to Wembley, as you say once in a lifetime. I've managed twice with the Albion + a Cardiff trip.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If the Albion were at home and Newhaven were playing at Wembley I would definitely not be watching the Albion, I do watch Newhaven matches though.
I can understand anyone choosing an Albion match if they have no interest in their local non league club.

Same here for Whitehawk. Shame Newhaven lost the play-ff against Lancing. Hope we play you pre-season.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Littlehampton Town play Newport Pagnel in the FA Vase at Wembley (1215) the same day we play out final match at the Amex against West Ham (1600) It appears to be live on https://www.live-footballontv.com/ BT Sport; it would be good if the club could confirm they will be showing this ahead of the Hammers game. I'm sure many Sussex fans would be interested and a good opportunity to boost beer and burger etc sales ahead of the Hammers match. I believe it would mean opening up a little earlier but surely this can be done. All PL games KO the same time so there is nothing else to show. No brainer surely!

Have you thought about asking the club, NSC don't really have much control of what time the doors of the Amex open

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Littlehampton Town play Newport Pagnel in the FA Vase at Wembley (1215) the same day we play out final match at the Amex against West Ham (1600) It appears to be live on https://www.live-footballontv.com/ BT Sport; it would be good if the club could confirm they will be showing this ahead of the Hammers game. I'm sure many Sussex fans would be interested and a good opportunity to boost beer and burger etc sales ahead of the Hammers match. I believe it would mean opening up a little earlier but surely this can be done. All PL games KO the same time so there is nothing else to show. No brainer surely!
Best ask the club directly.

They might open the stadium, they might not, or they might open Dick's Bar for it.

Don't ask, don't get - give it a go.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh, has he been sacked? Reached the playoffs didn't they?!

Seaford lost their play off semi final on Saturday and their season has now finished. I don’t know him, but if he has an Albion ST I guess he will go to the remaining home games.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’ve been going to the Albion for many years but if Peacehaven got to Wembley that would trump the Palace match for me.

However, it’s not going to crop up, so there’s nothing to see here from my perspective

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
To be honest the best game I've been to this season was Crowborough V Tunbridge Wells so I wouldn't blame anyone for choosing their non league side over a dead rubber game at the Albion.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Capture15.PNG

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Luckily for me, should I choose not to hotfoot it back to The Amex, I'm sure I will be able to find a pub with the Premier League Final Day feed.

I've missed three home Albion games this season; one was the ridiculous kick off on Boxing Day and the other two were to watch Littlehampton Vase games. That's the most home matches I've missed in a season since I've got my first season ticket in 1987.

I wouldn't miss the Vase final for an Albion game unless it was something like promotion decider. There will be dozens, if not hundreds of Albion fans amongst the 7,000 travelling Littlehampton fans who have made the same decision.

Snap - i'm going to support Littlehampton on the day - top day out and getting behind a local sussex non league team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here