Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Appalling Quality All Round - Dreadful

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We don't always agree but this is bang on.

Potter started well here but it is quite clear why Swansea finished 10th in the Championship last season. Because, when the likes of Ashworth weren't watching they were clearly shithouse. With this team, playing this way, we'll go down and not go back up.

Except....hold the phone.....if I was a Watford fan I'd be saying the same thing. That own goal was comical and they were woeful with the exception of the goal we gifted them.

And Palace fans would be saying the same thing today, West Ham definitely would too last week and certainly Newcastle fans aren't impressed even with their points total. I just dont think there's much quality down the lower half of the table and there's precious little between the bottom 10. Every team bar Norwich are a couple of wins away from feeling pretty safe and a bad run away from dropping like a stone. The only good thing is we are at least picking up points albeit one at a time and are showing some fight at least but really anyone below Burnley can go if things go bad. The downside is we are heading towards a tough run of games.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I watched a French match the other night someone not to good against Monaco the shite teams who were at home fans never gave up the atmosphere until the final whistle. The Amex died on 7m 47 seconds

Yep, watching it in bed on the laptop (4am in Aus), my partner dozing, half listening, said "I thought this was a home game" all she could hear were the Watford fans.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Laughably bad. Got to a point towards the end of the first half where I gave up hope and just enjoyed the game for comedy value. Absolute pony in all aspects from both teams. Mad to think how much those on the pitch were paid just this week to produce that utter shyte

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, watching it in bed on the laptop (4am in Aus), my partner dozing, half listening, said "I thought this was a home game" all she could hear were the Watford fans.

I'm not surprised. We were one down after less than 20 mins thanks to yet another idiotic self-inflicted goal. That would suck the atmosphere out of a stadium like the proverbial golf ball through a garden hose.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I just dont think there's much quality down the lower half of the table and there's precious little between the bottom 10. .

There is plenty of quality, its just in effect we have a league system that goes something like this Premier League, Premier Championship, Championship. With the Premier Championship sides vying for a place in the PL by playing against those sides.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’re certainly NOT on track to:

“Staying in the Premier League isn't enough. What we want to do is to be a top 10 Premier League club."

A bottom 6 squad, bottom 6 results, it’s touch and go as to whether we’ll be playing league football against Rotherham next season.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Today was a game you absolutely cannot blame the fans. Everyone was really up for it before the game and at the beginning of the game. And then we produced yet another completely abject display. Didn't even look like having a shot, let alone testing the keeper or scoring. Atmsophere died but the passion didn't - everyone around me was just totally pissed off and gutted that, yet again, as has been the case so often for so long now in the prem stretching over two seasons, we didn't turn up at all in such a big game.

And to be fair, the Watford fans were decent for a bit but quiet as **** too most of the game just as pissed off as us . most fun I had all day at the game was the train back to brighton an hour or so after the game - loads of friendly banter/chanting with the remaining watford fans about how shit we both were/are

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Atmsophere died but the passion didn't -
Yeah fair enough. The commentators were saying that in a game like this with so much at stake it was almost better to be the away side as the nervousness of the home crowd was palpable and this passed onto the pitch adding to the pressure. Which is why The Greyhound tried to get the crowd going.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I watched a French match the other night someone not to good against Monaco the shite teams who were at home fans never gave up the atmosphere until the final whistle. The Amex died on 7m 47 seconds

I've been to loads of games in France as I lived there quite a long time. The atmosphere at most games there is absolute shyte bar a few hundred ultras who don't react to what's going on on the pitch.

Whether it translates in songs being sung or how pissed off fans are at what they're witnessing during games here, the passion here is infinitely better than the vast majority of games i went to in France

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i have been pro potter all season but that was just awful. When i saw the team i assumed 5 3 2 and then when the game started it was clearly 4 5 1 or 4 3 3. Regardless it was Murray up front alone. Just schoolboy error stuff. Losing faith. Look like relegation fodder.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Sounds like a routine Saturday home game for me

People moan about the decline in atmsophere at the Amex over recent time, but what have we really had to celebrate over the last season and 2/3rds? In that time we've struggled to create chances for the most part , let alone score and win games - bar the odd game. Whatever division you're in our stats in that time is going to affect the atmosphere

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I know I'm stating the obvious but realisticaly we probably need 4 wins from our remaining 12 games, and we've won 1 of the last 11.

Are we really going to get 4 wins in these last dozen games? Tonight my feeling is that I can't see where the next win is coming from (unless we draw all 12 games)? I know football is a funny old game but to get 12 points from our remaining fixtures currently is going to require a miracle of Lazarus-esque proportions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here