Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Apologies gp

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was interesting to me that during the period of poor results, the players notably Dunk always came across as positive and 100% behind the methods. (Other than unsmiling Trossard who always seems to be carrying the world on his shoulders, it's just his persona). Certain that things would come good.

Potter clearly carries great respect from the squad.

Unlike some managers around (Mourinho), he never singles out players for criticism in the media.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It was interesting to me that during the period of poor results, the players notably Dunk always came across as positive and 100% behind the methods. (Other than unsmiling Trossard who always seems to be carrying the world on his shoulders, it's just his persona). Certain that things would come good.

Potter clearly carries great respect from the squad.

Unlike some managers around (Mourinho), he never singles out players for criticism in the media.
yes

He gets a lot of stick for flat press conferences but people need to realise he just keeping everything at bay and protecting the squad. Yes it would be satisfying to hear him say "that was rubbish we must do better" but it's not good in the long term especially with our squad.

His actions speak loud enough (and he has made some big calls after certain performances)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
yes

He gets a lot of stick for flat press conferences but people need to realise he just keeping everything at bay and protecting the squad. Yes it would be satisfying to hear him say "that was rubbish we must do better" but it's not good in the long term especially with our squad.

His actions speak loud enough (and he has made some big calls after certain performances)

I’m never interested in the tone of press conferences, but I know others are. They don’t motivate the players. It also keeps us under the radar, Potter never slips up with arrogance that ends up doing his opponent’s motivational team talk for them.

Witty or argumentative one-liners from ‘charismatic’ characters Mourinho or Allardyce are just noise.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I find these Potter apologies a bit odd and unnecessary. We are football fans, not members of a religious cult. Sometimes the manager will get criticism and at others he will get praise. Sometimes people will want him sacked and at others promoted to England manager. It’s always been the same. Only the exceptionally insecure have a need to be right about him, whether that be pro or anti.

There’s levels isn’t there. Criticisms are fine. Consistent dumb personal attacks on the man. His character. “Gormless”, “out of his depth”, “doesn’t know his best 11”, “pillock”. I’d say cross the line some what.

And to bleat for the manager to be sacked when he haven’t even been in the bottom 3 AND he kept us up last season, with some of the best football we’ve seen a Brighton team play? Yes. I would say it’s churlish and immature to cry Potter out every day. Polls every day, celebrating opposition goals, the lot

And to add to that, those of us who backed the manager and believed in him? We’re equally attacked. Myself, Hugo, Swanny, Icy. “Lickers”, sworn at in the match thread, one poster was convinced I am Swansman because at one point few of us were backing the manager.

So naturally now we’re doing well it’s only human to point back, shake your head and smirk.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
yes

Theres a lot of inference in his press conferences. A few months ago you could tell from his response to a question that he wasnt backing Ryan, a week or so later we had Sanchez. Now Ryan is gone.

It may be flat at face value but thats mostly down to poor questions. There is definitely some nuance.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let's get a few more wins under our belt before we start dishing out apalogies shall we?

One swallow certainly doesn't make a summer.

Luckily we’ve had a Katie Price load of swallows recently then :thumbsup: (and yes I include Fulham where we bossed a very good side and giving the best side in the country a very good game away).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No we aren’t? If you look at the tracker - based on last nights result, we’re now 2 points AHEAD of the 40 point tracker.

I generally ignore that as it was guess work before the season started, half the teams aren't doing what it said on the tin.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Our last three home wins
And finally 2021

Not getting carried away.

While the 12 months without a home win was obviously not good, thats the way of portraying it in the worst possible light. Makes it sound like three wins in 36 months when the last win in 2019 was in December and we're only into the second month of this year. Obviously still not good but cant see the purpose in trying to make it look even worse.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
40 points a season = 1.0526 per game

21 games = 22.1 pts, we're 1 behind

comprendre?

yep. So pretty much on track then ? also a model that that takes into our account our last two games are v Man City and Arsenal and our 4 of our next five are Burnley, West Brom, Palace and Villa might also give you a better sense of how we're doing. As well as the table itself.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
yep. So pretty much on track then ? also a model that that takes into our account our last two games are v Man City and Arsenal and our 4 of our next five are Burnley, West Brom, Palace and Villa might also give you a better sense of how we're doing. As well as the table itself.

we'll get something from Arsenal, and Man City will be a dead rubber, they'll be the winningest in the whole wide world and we'll be the relegation scrap winners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here