Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apocalypse Now

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Re: Re: Re: Apocalypse Now

Buzzer said:
Whoosh....did no-one spot this?

Not nearly as good as weekend at Bernies 2.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Seen AN about 20 times (plus the Redux twice) and I do rate it as one of my favourite films. However I still agree with a lot of the criticism. You do need to be in the right mood for it. When Fat Marlon starts up with that bloated monologue at the end i never know in advance whether I will be rivetted or bored shitless - it can go either way.

However, there are few scenes in cinematic history that are as great on the big screen with the sound cranked up as the "Valkyries" bit.

The Redux doesn't really add much apart from some extra mud and gratuitous tits in the Playboy scene. The "plantation" scene drags a bit and you can do without it. I wouldn't recommend anyone watching AN for the first time to see this version first. Only move on to it for completion purposes if you're already a fan.

However, whether you like AN or not I would recommend anyone to watch the making-of documentary "Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse", which gives fascinating insight into what really happened on set - heart attacks, typhoons, et al...

Last edited:

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Re: Re: Re: Apocalypse Now

Buzzer said:
Whoosh....did no-one spot this?

Weird Science is the only one of those films I've seen. I think I've half-watched Zulu a couple of times but I've never sat down and watched it all the way through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here