Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone with first hand knowledge of a European ski-resort which currently has good snow?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
La grand motte between tignes & val d'isere has skiing 365 days a year on the glacier and you can pull a ski bunny in dick knights other bar Dicks T-bar

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just booked Val Thorens for a week. Fingers crossed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll be there the week after you. Check out the webcam - the snow looks great, as it always does there until considerably later than anywhere else!

Enjoy yourself!

Will do. Shame we are not going a week later.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I got back from the Alrberg last week - and it's lean on the ground. That said - if you are booked in for Lech next week, they are due 20cm this Sunday.

Whether it materialises is another matter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Should be OK at that altitude....let's hope there is some craft beer to be had!

I'll keep a look out. There is snow forcast with a little bit of sunshine. I'll remember to pack my silks :wink:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Just back from Les Gets last night, where it was 20 odd degrees.

Great skiing in the morning followed by some very long late lunches!! Bluebird days everyday!!

Getting crappy at below 1500m. Had some great skiing on Mt Cherry in Les Gets and over at Avoriaz. Still able to ski down to the village where it's holding up really well.

There are some fantastic Chalet deals at the moment in Morzine and Les Gets, get in quick because there is around 1m of snow forcast on Sunday and Monday next week with temps getting down to freezing and below for the rest of next week.

View attachment 52141

View attachment 52142

Last edited:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Please help. I'm supposed to be going next week. Was looking at Lech but the reports are that it is icy and slushy. Val Thorens is an option but have been there twice in recent years; but let me know if the snow is good. I've also been looking at the SkiClub of GB snow reports but these do not seem to tally with reports from people that have been to the resorts.

We've had non stop snow for 48 hours now and it's supposed to be like this all week! Just as I was looking forward to summer, donning the Lycra and getting the road bike out... Still, one more chance to ski off the midi this season. Weather should be nice come Friday and back up to 20+

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This is a bit worrying – French resorts delay opening Hopefully not a trend for European resorts. I’m doing a week over New Year in Alta and Snowbird, maybe even try to get to Brighton Resort which is a few miles North East of Alta. Hope all NSCers enjoy their skiing trips wherever they end up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here