Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone who thinks Gus didn't know before the BBC told him.........

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Not sure who I believe but out of the two I would say it is Gus who is lying. But no matter what the truth is now, we have been made out to be an absolute shambles of a club. I think the club need to release another statement now if Gus did already know to save some dignity.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In any case, WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT?

to stir up this shit.

do you really think that after all the weeks, legal procedure and damn 500 page document, the club would inform the world before informing him?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Regardless of whether this is right or not, whether he is telling the truth or not, the club has made a huge mistake announcing it at a time when Gus was 30 minutes away from being live on telly.

Whoever decided that is a totally idiot.

But how do you know that Mr. Poyet hasn't been pissing our club around for the last 5 weeks and stalling...???????

It has been very clear that his urgency to clear his name has been sadly lacking....(? maybe because he knows full well what he has done wrong).

It has been very clear for a long, long time that he frequently engages mouth before brain.

It has been very clear that his Latin-american upbringing has resulted in him having very differing views as to what is right and what is wrong by European standards and morals......(the Suarez situation for example).

It has been very clear for a long time that his Latin American temperament will always get the better of him.....(how many times was he spoken to by referees....and on some occasions banished from the touchline).

In his own words he is a workaholic........I suspect he has lost touch with reality as a result of his all consumimg obsession with football, football, football.

I am deeply sorry it has ended this way.....but the train crash and now the ensuing carnage was only ever going to be end result.

I just hope one of his advisors or a mental health team can get some sense into him.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
But how do you know that Mr. Poyet hasn't been pissing our club around for the last 5 weeks and stalling...???????

It has been very clear that his urgency to clear his name has been sadly lacking....(? maybe because he knows full well what he has done wrong).

It has been very clear for a long, long time that he frequently engages mouth before brain.

It has been very clear that his Latin-american upbringing has resulted in him having very differing views as to what is right and what is wrong by European standards and morals......(the Suarez situation for example).

It has been very clear for a long time that his Latin American temperament will always get the better of him.....(how many times was he spoken to by referees....and on some occasions banished from the touchline).

In his own words he is a workaholic........I suspect he has lost touch with reality as a result of his all consumimg obsession with football, football, football.

I am deeply sorry it has ended this way.....but the train crash and now the ensuing carnage was only ever going to be end result.

I just hope one of his advisors or a mental health team can get some sense into him.

Amen!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Not sure who I believe but out of the two I would say it is Gus who is lying. But no matter what the truth is now, we have been made out to be an absolute shambles of a club. I think the club need to release another statement now if Gus did already know to save some dignity.

Not if the club can prove that Gus had been informed of the decision. Then Gus would be widely known to have lied on air.

Rebeckah11

Apr 7, 2013
I confess I didn't see it, but the statement on the Seagulls website is timed at 7.14pm - long before Poyet went on air - and it states 'Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect.' Ok so he might have not been told and he might have not been aware of the club's statement, but I doubt it, and I don't suppose the disciplinary panel are interested in Poyet's new found TV fame - it's up to him to go on TV the day of the announcement, the same as he decided to continue his TV career the day he was supposed to be at the disciplinary in the first place.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Regardless of whether this is right or not, whether he is telling the truth or not, the club has made a huge mistake announcing it at a time when Gus was 30 minutes away from being live on telly.

Whoever decided that is a totally idiot.
Maybe that 30 minute window was payback for his timing in the playoff second game if rumours are true?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why are people getting so excited about this? As if any suggestion that Gus might be telling the truth should be met with utter disdain.

All we have is what the club has said in a written statement and what Gus has said live on TV. One party isn't telling the whole truth and we all seem to want to believe the club would have acted professionally EXCEPT that releasing the statement whilst Gus is live on TV is clearly provocative and unnecessary, which calls their credibility into doubt.

I appreciate it seems unlikely they'd have made a public statement before letting the man know himself BUT it isn't beyond the realms of possibility as some on here seem to think

Very well put.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Maybe that 30 minute window was payback for his timing in the playoff second game if rumours are true?

Ha. Love the idea behind this. I hope it isn't true, but the sick part of me loves it.

el punal

It might clear the air a bit if the club stated what time they informed Gus Poyet of his dismissal. Surely then, if it was well before it was publicily announced, the club would be able to take the moral high in this sorry, sordid mess.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I thought he was offered a deal to walk or he would be dismissed with the deadline being 7.15 pm on Sunday - if true and no deal had been reached (although it sounded from what he said on TV that a deal was close) he knew that at 7.15 pm on Sunday he would be sacked.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here