Anyone watching the Child Genius Programme?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Trotster said:
What a bunch of stuck up, arrogant little pricks....

And they wonder why they get bullied.....

Rather harsh, it's not exactly their fault they have all that intellect. I found them rather scary, more than anything. Some of the parents were rather worrying too.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Trotster said:
What a bunch of stuck up, arrogant little pricks....

And they wonder why they get bullied.....
a considered view :lolol:

one very obvious part of the equation was the freakery being displayed by the genius parents - makes you wonder how many other children would be capable of such feats given the same environment

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That little Philipino girl is a beautiful pianist

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It was funny to watch her playing on Shalford village hall piano - following 'Reginald Dixon' on his 'Mighty Wurlitzer' :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Marshy said:
we all want our kids to be bright and intelligent but thats just taking the piss !

why?

These people are "freaks" in our society in that they are super intelligent people who will never fit into the education system.

It was so sad when that little lad who was an expert in Chess was shown a school photo of his class and he went through saying how none of them spoke to him any more.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Titanic said:
It was funny to watch her playing on Shalford village hall piano - following 'Reginald Dixon' on his 'Mighty Wurlitzer' :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

didn't you find it a little bizarre that immediately before going on stage she was reading a book, went on stage to do her stuff, then came off and just picked up the book and started reading again.

She was rather delightful though and v.talented.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Most of them were precocious little shits. I felt sorry for some of them as they aren't having a 'normal' childhood sodding about with other kids. But that one that wrote the book had the chicks all over him at his book signing and he was too intelligent to realise!

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
the real geniuses - the boy who had a book deal and the 6 year old whose parents kept moving were quite well adjusted really considering just how clever they are. I felt really sorry for Dante - the boy who just didnt think he was good enough and was questioning his role in the world as a 10 year old.

The family from east anglia (especially the mother) were very very scary. The boy who played Chess will not cope with the world very well when the only people he knows - his dad and grandad die..

I cant wait for the next installment in 2 years!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
folkestonesgull said:
I felt really sorry for Dante - the boy who just didnt think he was good enough and was questioning his role in the world as a 10 year old.
What's in a name? His parents had a pretty good idea of what his life had in store before they started... that he did in fact turn out to be very bright has just made it all the more extreme... :nono:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I missed this- the kids are fairly easy to imagine, but what were the parents like?

Were they normal, or did they come across as really pushy? Sometimes you get these genius kids and their parents are utter bastards, pushing them to take every exam going for the sake of a bit of prestige.

Meanwhile the kid has no friends, gets completely burned out and has a breakdown by 14. There was that Asian girl whose parents got her into Oxford at about 13, she ended up running away and shacking up with some guy, just to try and have a normal life.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
mendoza10 said:
one of the kids was on ricahrd and judy yesterday

had to do 2 sums, and he couldnt do them :D

Let me guess, I bet Richard tried to have a go himself?

He always strikes me as the really competitive Dad type, probably does a lap of honour when he beats Judy at pingpong on holiday :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports