Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone watch Hancock on qt tonight?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Over 60!

With more people living go 100 that means you are suggesting that people are no longer useful or needed after just over half their life?

Blimey.... bring on Logan’s run

Is that really how you read it? I was thinking more along the lines of we have had a good life and probably have grown up families and nowhere near the commitments of younger people with families and mortgages. If push comes to shove would you want to be taking preference over them for a bed?

Jenny Agutter obviously gets a pass :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Over 60!

With more people living go 100 that means you are suggesting that people are no longer useful or needed after just over half their life?

Could be like Death Race 2000 where they wheeled the sick and infirm in to the road just before the racing pack arrived.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Over 60!

In a who lives scenario I think, for starters, an age times BMI index would be fairer than purely age.

Regards K1

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My wife and I were discussing something similar a few weeks ago. If/when this really ramps up and the hospitals are over whelmed we are assuming that younger people will take priority over older people for beds and ventilators. As an older person I believe that this is how it should be. When I say older I mean over say 60?

If only they could easily prioritise people taking Government advice seriously rather than having barbecues on Hove lawns, then this wouldn't be necessary

As an aside and watching Naga Munchetty interviewing Hancock, I find her aggressive and demanding interview technique fecking irritating.
As usual!

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Dementia patients relatives told they won’t be admitted to hospital, but just made comfortable within the home with a DNR.

Do you have a proper source for this. I ask because we need to be sure that significant statements need back up to ensure rumours dont become facts. This is not a go at you just a plea to keep facts separate from remour. If you have a good source for your statement please just cknfirm what or who it is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just watching it now. Not convinced by his answers on the 100000 tests a day by the end of the month and whether they would be to test for virus or immunity

He's being absolutely slaughtered on radio 5 right now. For the last 15 minutes. Brutal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you have a proper source for this. I ask because we need to be sure that significant statements need back up to ensure rumours dont become facts. This is not a go at you just a plea to keep facts separate from remour. If you have a good source for your statement please just cknfirm what or who it is.

My sister in law with reference to my mother in law. She has power of attorney.
The care home is in Sheffield. That's as much info as I'm going to give out on a public forum.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thank you for replying. Please accept my profound sympathy. Of course I would not expect any more information.

Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be any sign of the virus in that home, at the moment, but forms have been prepared in advance.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He said

Yes people can get in their car, drive to a secluded spot to get their exercise. To walk on the downs etc

Erm.. this is exactly what the police are trying to stop aren’t they?

Surely they must stop giving mixed messages!

A secluded spot has always been fine no? The problem is going to a crowded spot.

Surely everyone will go to a secluded spot hence making it crowded. Just a thought.

To clarify - he actually said you could drive "a short distance" to then exercise. It's logical - what they are trying to reduce is long journeys to go for walk, which is totally unnecessary. Yes - it might be 'nice' to go 30 miles to somewhere you want to go for a walk, but not essential - especially if you have countryside closer by. And many lanes are very quiet traffic-wise at the moment, and make excellent walking with no fears of winding up the farmers, touching gates, and so on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To clarify - he actually said you could drive "a short distance" to then exercise. It's logical - what they are trying to reduce is long journeys to go for walk, which is totally unnecessary. Yes - it might be 'nice' to go 30 miles to somewhere you want to go for a walk, but not essential - especially if you have countryside closer by. And many lanes are very quiet traffic-wise at the moment, and make excellent walking with no fears of winding up the farmers, touching gates, and so on.

The issue is, we live in the middle of a dense estate, and walking around the streets is like dodgem cars, but we can drive 5 minutes up to the Brighton and hove golf club and walk around the course and not see a soul apart from deer and bunny rabbits.

But we are told that the aged William will be stopping people in their cars on the bypass in case their trip is not vital.....

So either you can travel, or you can’t!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here