Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone want to see a space station?

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Went out to watch tonight's first pass, there's something odd going on - there's a long procession of lights, evenly spaced, travelling west to east across the sky. No discernable sound, and nothing on flight tracker

I saw it too. Was quite concerned as they just kept coming! Wondered if it was military at first but realised they were too fast and high up. Was quite relieved when found out on Google they were part of the 60 satellites launched recently by Spacex!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Nice clear night to see the ISS ( starting in the West)@ 20:46 preceded a bit earlier @ 20:19 by a constellation of 36 satellites ( SpaceX Starlink 4 ) travelling West to East.

Thanks for the heads up about the Space X satellites, awesome view of them last night.
Do they pass overhead every night or just occasionally?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Cheers chaps��

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
yup f it.

we will bounce back one way or another might not be pretty but what the hell

Chin up mate. Things can only get better. Be strong for everyone around you that is affected. You will bounce back :)

A lot of people suffering at this current time. I have people close to me losing jobs and struggling. A lot of my company furloughed.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I know nothing about this but find it interesting... so stupid question alert...

Does this thread bounce this time every year, because this is the only time in the year that we can see the space station from the UK?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I've just watched the launch and the docking.
I'm totally and completely in awe of how clever and brave these people are.
If everyone were at my level of intelligence we wouldn't have evolved past eating dead squirrel from scalloped out bits of tree.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I've just watched the launch and the docking.
I'm totally and completely in awe of how clever and brave these people are.
If everyone were at my level of intelligence we wouldn't have evolved past eating dead squirrel from scalloped out bits of tree.

Where would you even start to build a rocket!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here