Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone used webuyanycar.com?

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
I used a company called Motorway to sell my previous car. They offered far more than WBAC. They send the car details to dealers on their network and tell you the best offer which you can accept or decline. You have to be honest about the condition of the car and send photos. Whether it’s worth the hassle depends on the value of the car I guess.

Seconded, try these people or Wizzle who gave me a better price and i am just selling my car through them now.

Similar to Motorway where you upload the details on photos but instead of them coming back to you with the best price, the dealers bid on you direct through the website. I had a bidding war on mine which started out a £20.5k up to £22.5k!

The dealer is collecting tomorrow so i'll let you know if they try and downgrade the price when they come and collect.

PS, 2016 i sold my car to WBAC Crawley without any issues and no haggling, in spite of a few imperfections.stone chips etc. However a pal of mine when to the Lancing branch and started ticking off faults, got to a magic number then stopped. Then offered a massibly reduced offer. (which he didnt take)

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I used them to sell a mini about 4 years ago, Mrs D7 got a company car so didnt need a third car. They offered about £4500, value was c£5500 due to Parker’s but it has a few minor issues. A week after getting a quote I got an update it went up to £4800 as minis had been selling well at Auction (they are owned by the auction place at Blackbushe airport), I went for it, made booking, 15mins later I was there, guy did a once over looking at paintwork - I had half a dozen small scratches (where nob ends had opened car door onto panel etc)so he marks theses up - taking about £17 off per scratch- felt it was very fair as one was a small dent. Complete missing two tires needed replacing, boot lock was gone and cigarette lighter was also bust. Was offered money there and then (cost of £25) or overnight. Yes I could have sold it privately and made an extra £500 but this was hassle free.

When I went to buy my Jag I had a Passat to trade in, I used the webuyanycar value as my starting negotiating position, other dealerships had offered £250 less. Bloke at dealership I eventually bought from said that’s fine as they send all their cars to them anyway.

JoJo81

Sep 23, 2015
I sold an old Merc a while ago and got a little under what could be scored privately but not much. Others have said they go well under and play on the fact enough will want to just get rid. Think I was lucky by the sounds of it!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, very easy sale.

And they sorted out paying the outstanding finance so no hassle having to do that either.

I just did the Internet bit, drove it to the drop off, a bit of paperwork and inspection and the 'sale got done'.

Painless.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
My wife sold her car last year, and given it was in the middle of lockdown we weren't willing to go private. We got quotes from a few places - WBAC were the worst quote of the lot. Eventually went through motorway.co.uk/ - who put the car to a virtual auction and got us a sale at significantly better value than WBAC could.

During the process, it became clear that what's probably happening is that in a lot of cases WBAC are buying the cars as cheap as they can get away with from the owner, then sending them to the same auctions that Motorway use and pocketing the extra profit. In our case that would have been over £1000. They're basically exploiting the unwary / time pressured and can afford to operate on lower volume because they make a much bigger profit per sale.

J2 BHA

Jul 28, 2004
Literally just sold my Mrs car last week. A friend suggested Wizzle and worked really well. Got £500 more than WBAC quoted and the buyer collected the car a couple of days later and transferred the money before taking the car away without trying to knock the price down.

Have also used WBAC, if you go into it realising you’re taking the easy option then they do a job, key thing is to ensure you add all of the vehicle condition info when getting your online quote as opposed to giving them lots of opportunity to reduce their offer when you get to drop the car off.

Best of luck with the sale!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've been offered 50 quid for 2 cars

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
I used them recently to get rid of my old VW which had done 150,000 miles that had developed a load of mechanical issues, I just wanted to get rid of it basically. Offered me £50 which for the sake of convenience of getting off the road I took, I might have been able to get up to £150-200 if I went around a load of scrap yards but is that really worth it?

They sorted out the road tax refund by contacting DVLA which was about £100 all automatically into my account later that week. They're pretty open and honest up front in the adverts that they will give you a shit price but offer a very convenient sale so I had no complaints, they lived up to the reputation for me.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
Seconded, try these people or Wizzle who gave me a better price and i am just selling my car through them now.

Similar to Motorway where you upload the details on photos but instead of them coming back to you with the best price, the dealers bid on you direct through the website. I had a bidding war on mine which started out a £20.5k up to £22.5k!

The dealer is collecting tomorrow so i'll let you know if they try and downgrade the price when they come and collect.

PS, 2016 i sold my car to WBAC Crawley without any issues and no haggling, in spite of a few imperfections.stone chips etc. However a pal of mine when to the Lancing branch and started ticking off faults, got to a magic number then stopped. Then offered a massively reduced offer. (which he didnt take)

Car gone this morning :down:

On the plus side went with no problems, bloke gave it the once over outside, they transferred the money and packed it off on a flatbed.

Thumbs up for Wizzle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here